• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I has made myself an USN Deck Hook Jacket

Geeboo

In vintage, sometimes the condition is right, but the size is not right. sometimes the size is right but the condition is not right. When both are right, the px is always not right. So here we go, I made 1 myself.
NSx 14680 is the Earliest deck hook jkt that can be located. As always, the "earliest" has a special attraction to collectors.
The jacket has still some fine hand work to be done like stenciling, antiquing of metal parts & washing.
There are both double stitching & single stitching in the wind flap found in originals. I opt for the double-stitch. Both the face cloth & the lining looks much darker than the photos- it is the lighting
How is that ?
Compare_1.jpg
Compare_2.jpg
Compare_3.jpg
Compare_4.jpg
Compare_5.jpg
Compare_6.jpg

Compare_7.jpg
View attachment 12738
View attachment 12739
PHOTO.jpg

20181215_173509_3.jpg

Last edited:

Otter

Damn fine job ! What did you make the outer shell of, looks a bit like oilcloth or waxed cotton in the photos.

Silver Surfer

yup, understood. still, its like watching a great magician do his-her tricks, without seeing the years of practice, research, and attention to detail.

Otter

Wow that cloth looks good ! The first photos flattened out the cording on my display, great job !

B-Man2

Geeboo
Let’s get you to the gym lifting some weights and then take you out to Pizza Hut, McDonalds and Burger King. You’ll be a size 46 in no time and then we can talk and I’ll buy all of your cast off jackets!:)