• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I has made myself an USN Deck Hook Jacket

B-Man2

Geeboo
A Quartermaster was the person, usually a senior sergeant or a senior chief in the army or navy, who maintained and issued all of the military, gear, clothing, and kit to the units he worked with. He was in charge of a storage room or warehouse and supplied all the troops with equipment and gear.
By the way the Thresher was recommissioned on 3 August 1961 as a US Nuclear Submarine SSN 593. On 10 April 1963 during a test dive she imploded in deep water causing the death of all 129 men aboard the ship.

Leviathan

Hi Geeboo. I have to join the others - very well made Jacket, congratulations. You mentioned that you were responsible for sourcing all the material. May I ask you where you got the canvas and the hook clips from? I am looking to do a vest on my own and already wasted hours for these hooks but did not find them.

Geeboo

Hi, wonderful
Are U from Swiss ? 1st time to talk to a Swiss guy.
I bought them in Hong Kong

Leviathan

Hi Geeboo. Thanks, when you say Hong Kong do you mean you just went in a store? Do they have a webshop maybe? Because I spent countless hours looking for them and finally put my plans for the vest aside because I did not want to change the hooks just to get it done. So any help would be highly appreciated! Greetings from Zurich:)