• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I bought this one

Ritchy

I recently purchased a CWU 36 from the 2000s. I was looking for a 45 and just got this one from the 80s which looks fine.

1667310339.jpeg
1667310339 (1).jpeg
1667310339 (6).jpeg
1667310339 (4).jpeg
1667310339 (3).jpeg
1667310339 (5).jpeg
1667499434.jpeg

Skyhawk

Yes this was probably sold at the on base Exchange store. This is a Repro. The real ones in 1984 were Nomex and had no polyester in the linings. The shell on the real ones is not shiny but is a ribbed nomex material. Not smooth. The Spec tag is not quite right either on the format and info.

Ritchy

Indeed, the shell looks different from my 36 and this is also the case for the spec tag. I learn every day. Thank you Jay
PXL_20221104_173447834.jpg

Skyhawk

Sure thing. Those Proper International Inc CWU jackets are interesting. They had a contract for a while but when that ended, they kept making jackets. They started having the jackets assembled outside the USA, but using the same materials from the USA. I believe they made CWU gear for other countries that wear NATO gear. Those countries wouldn't require them to be made in the USA. I am not sure if they lost the contract because they were assembling them outside the USA, or if that came after.

TWU

Alpha has more green NYLON CWU style jacket
your and Alpha one are all made in USA ..probably discontinued long time ago!

billwong

Didn't some of the older CWUs got tagged as "NON-MELTING" nylon? or was that on the Army Tanker jackets?