• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HPA ELC Werber A-2 Relaunched

MikeyB-17

I’ve had two ELC house A-2’s, and had no complaints with the knits-in fact I’d say they felt more ‘authentic’ than knits I’ve had on other makers’ A-2’s, if that makes sense. In terms of longevity, yeah, the ones on my ‘97 jacket eventually wore out, but only after a decent long time. I still think they take the p*ss on the prices though.

ausreenactor

My car is on 313,000 km and is immaculate. I have friends that have interiors in new cars that look like homeless people live in them. Spatial awareness and appreciation of quality items has served me well so far...

Micawber

Different batches of knits? Different environments? Different opinions on what is considered wear / use / abuse. There are a lot of variables aren't there. I know which side of the fence I'm on.

foster

Different batches of knits? Different environments? Different opinions on what is considered wear / use / abuse. There are a lot of variables aren't there. I know which side of the fence I'm on.

There are numerous variables in the production of a knit cuff which can influence its longevity, long before one ever adds the variables of how the customer treats the knits.

Does the input yarn have the proper amount of twist? Too much or too little twist will affect the durability of the knit.
What diameter is the knitting machine? What gauge needles are used? What is the needle density of the machine? Is there a missing or worn-out part on the machine that scraped or damaged the yarn during or before the knitting process?

Out of curiosity, how do members here handle their knit cuffs? When removing my jacket, I pull gently on the cuff, until I can then secure my grip on the leather sleeve end when I pull my arm out. If you pull on the knit regularly, and not on the leather, your knits will not likely hold up well over time.

Grant

Here's my old ELC Werber. Been used and abused but the original knits holding up quite well.

Wer.jpg

jeremiah

While my ELC knits are bad I still love the jacket and would still recommend an ELC made A2 any day of the week.
But for my ELC monarch you tell me if my knits have gone to shit or not.
F31985B0-7191-49EB-8AD2-7AF2BF85112B.png

meanwhile my BK jackets which I wear far more often and have abused even more still look great.

Last edited:

jeremiah

Except they had not. Even if they had, good wool can be reshaped with right temp water and slow drying. My BK arco on the other hand have and they do not look like the ELC ones in the slightest.

Last edited: