• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to measure a jacket correctly tutorial

w1rc

Huh?
What does this have to do with giving your body measurements. This is about how to properly measure any A2 jacket, not how to provide measurements so they can make you one.
I would think this is pretty valuable information to have in case you want to take measurements to know if an item fits.

jeremiah

Yeah that was a response to some spam. As you can see the message I quoted and the member are no longer here.
What’s missing is the context and a few other posts.

Last edited:

Technonut2112

I just noticed that pics from the 1st post are no longer with us. I happen to have copies.... ;) Here is the original 1st post of this topic complete with pics (With the exception of one showing a measuring tape IIRC):

OK, felt the need to show this because apparently there is no certainty about how correct measurements are taken and would like to clarify things and eliminate the possibilities of misunderstandings and disputes.

First of all, you need a measuring tape. Don't come with a yardstick, this is for a different job.

Shoulders. The easiest. Jacket should be zipped up all the way, laid flat on a table, grab the shoulders and pull until leather becomes straight, but without stretching it. Measure from shoulder tip to shoulder tip. (Photo doesn't show exactly what I want, I will post another one later, it's a start though).

IMG_2221.jpg

Back. Put the measuring tape at the bottom of the collar and making sure the jacket lays completely flat, run it over it until the end of the knitted waistband. Simple.

IMG_2222.jpg

This is the correct sleeve measurement. Measuring the outer edge of the sleeve. Its maximum length. Don't do it as shown in the photo below. It's wrong.

IMG_2224.jpg

Wrong! See? One inch shorter.

IMG_2227.jpg

Chest. Grab the jacket under the armpits and pull until it becomes straight. Don't pull to hard you don't want to stretch it. Again, my photo isn't the best. Left side OK, right side not perfectly straight, but anyway, that's how the pit to pit measurement is taken.

IMG_2228.jpg

Thanks.

AlexLutov

Friends.recently received one very interesting jacket G1, everything is perfect.Sleeve, shoulders, chest.But where did that crease come from? this is not the right fit? maybe a good tailor will cope with this problem?IMG-20190225-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20190225-WA0009.jpg

B-Man2

That's the problem...I apologize for the poor quality photos..View attachment 15657 View attachment 15658 View attachment 15659
Part of the problem is that you have one shoulder that is higher than the other. Look at your photos . I think I know why because I have a similar problem but I won’t get into that here. A tailor would have to remove the collar and trim the area the re attach the collar to the jacket. A bit of customization work. Remember that these jackets were massed produced and not made to custom standards. Good luck with it.

AlexLutov

Part of the problem is that you have one shoulder that is higher than the other. Look at your photos . I think I know why because I have a similar problem but I won’t get into that here. A tailor would have to remove the collar and trim the area the re attach the collar to the jacket. A bit of customization work. Remember that these jackets were massed produced and not made to custom standards. Good luck with it.
In the near future I will call in the Studio, can be able to do something,really want to keep this jacket yourself. About shoulder,I think it happened due to the fact that photographed me from the side. Can you give some information about the manufacturer,I realized that this collaboration between Willis and Geiger with this firm.Thanks

silvio76

Measuring a jacket can be a difficult task if you're new to it. I recently bought a leather jacket from leatherjacketshop and for everyone's convenience, they have a size guide which explains all their available sizes in detail and a full fledged guide on how to measure a leather jacket properly. The quality of their products is outstanding. I recommend leatherjacketshop to anyone looking to buy a custom made leather jacket.
spam

B-Man2

Are you familiar with the word 'recommendation'?
Amelia
Once you gain a little more experience in the subtle art of persuasive spamming, you’ll learn not to promote your product in your very first post . Your wasting your time and ours. Having said that we are all gentleman here so... good luck with your future spamming endeavors and we hope this has been an educational experience for you.
Cheers

B-Man2

This is a very useful post that I hope everyone uses. Nothing is more annoying than buying a Leather Jacket that has your measurements listed perfectly, only to find that it was measured incorrectly.
It’s not very often that we get a guy like you, who’s so persistent about disrupting our forum with multiple postings of their sales bullshit, so you my friend, have earned the distinction of getting the
“ Full Monte” of distain.
36D66A84-CB68-4FAB-B5A7-49C76493D545.gif
FC66844A-66C0-47E4-A347-06D4112C550C.jpeg
C8614144-919D-4B65-B18C-8E63971B4B44.png
63C6BC2C-3EF8-45C9-B18B-F4662E723047.jpeg
A629E462-4CAC-4327-B517-9A42D1B89451.jpeg

Last edited: