• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to date patches

svejk

Hi guys,

I have a question. I want to pimp the darkblue B/15C I recently bought with era-specific patches. I see a lot of patches on the internet I might be able to use, but is there a place/way to verify if it the patch(es) is/are correct for the era? I can find clues on the internet sure enough, but I would like to have an authorative source that is able to date them correctly.

Cheers,

Svejk

tamoko

You can add to B15C any Korea period patches, oversized and pretty expensive.
Some Korean war patches cost like WWII patches.
Anyway good patch from Korea hard to find and costs from $60 -> $600.
To check original period design go to wikipedia or google.
I fond this one for good price (Left)
4ba6_1.JPG

Atticus

svejk said:
I want to pimp the darkblue B/15C I recently bought with era-specific patches.

Svejk, a couple of years ago I bought an Alpha Replica B-15C with the idea of patching it, and set about doing some research toward that end. It appeared, from what I found, that Korean era B-15s were seldom patched, and when they were, it was with only a single oversized wing or squadron patch on the chest.

anastos.jpg

davis.jpg
laberge.jpg

So I just ended up just leaving mine "nekked".

JackiesTesters107.jpg

AF

Weasel_Loader

Welcome to the forum. ;)

Authentic period patches are difficult to date. I've been somewhat of a vintage patch collector for a few years and I've learned a lot. Most of what I learned came from the folks at this site.

http://www.usafpatches.com/

As Tomoko stated, these patches can be VERY expensive. I'd doubt you'd be able to find a Korean War era patch for under $150-$200. Prices start coming down when you reach 60s era patches, but some of those can also go over $200.

I wish I could give you better advice, but I just don't have any experience with Korean War era patches. Good luck. ;)

tamoko

If you are lucky to find a patch like this, you can put it on the left side
VERY NICE !
334th Fighter-Interceptor Squadron

Kimpo AB, Korea

33420FIS.jpg