• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to contact Asian vendors / manufacturers AND get a reply?

ties70

Guys,

here is my problem:

I have tried to contact the company ASAHI in Japan.
They are the manufacturer of WALDES zippers, and I was looking for the grommet / riveted zipper they produce:

As you can see at the top of the page, there is a contact address and the statement that ASAHI usually replies to inquiries within a workday.

...I never got a reply.

Now, I didn't ask for a price quotation for 1 or 2 zippers, but complete sets of tape, sliders, puller and rivets in the amount of 10, 50 and 100 ... for two different tape colors.

I was wondering if and what I did probably wrong....

...are the amounts too small to even expect a reply from a manufacturer?
...don't Japanese companies answer to "non-business" inquiries ( only B2B?) in general?

I must admit that I find this rather frustrating...

Ties

ties70

Probably minimum order is 100,000 thats why they do not reply .There is a Japanese member on the site contact him to see if he can get a reply for you ? .

Jeff

Jeff,

two things:

1. I do not think that the global demand for this special zipper (used on the 1939 Werber for example) is larger than a couple of hundred pieces per year.

2. I got two zippers from a Japanese store that sells repair and replacement kits... they did not had to take more than probably a dozen...Why? Because I had asked for more than these two zippers and they didn't have them.

Best regards,

Ties

Southoftheborder

I assume you wrote in Japanese? Google translate is a bit weird in some languages but with good will they should get the drift.

ties70

No, all English... But that whole part of the Asahi website is bilingual. In general, they seem to be prepared to deal with non-Japanese customers...

jerome35

Try here, seller answer and send oversea: