• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to clean/wash a Tanker?

asiamiles

I have a Buzz Tanker with a couple of stains and bit of dirt on the back. I've just listed it on eBay, but in the event that it doesn't sell, I'll try and clean it up as it's otherwise in nearly new condition. Can anyone recommend how to wash? Is dry cleaning the best/only option?

dmar836

I'd do it by hand with Woolite, or some other mild soap, so the color won't fade on any spots where you rub.
They say rinsing well is often what isn't done right.
My wife read about washing old down pillows in the washer! IO guess as long as the soap is limited and the thing is rinsed very well, it's fine to do.
Good luck and keep us informed,
Dave

asiamiles

dmar836 said:
I'd do it by hand with Woolite, or some other mild soap, so the color won't fade on any spots where you rub.
The previous owner obviously tried cleaning the dirt off the back resulting a spot of very mild fading. Hopefully after a wash this will disappear.

I'm really just concerned if the water is going to affect the knits or shrink the lining. But presumably originals would have just been thrown in the wash rather than carefully treated or dry cleaned, and I guess they had to serve the wearer for several washes.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
asiamiles said:
... presumably originals would have just been thrown in the wash rather than carefully treated or dry cleaned ...

Buzz themselves wash the N-1, the one I like only comes that way. Chuck a handful of salt in with the water, put it back on eBay, and charge extra. ;)