• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much!!

rich

A fool and his money soon go separate ways? Really hope no-one falls for it though, I like the line about the piping!

Hawkeye

A hell of alot for an Eastman, especially when they throw a big label on the chest.That being said, I hope Eastman throws a few more of those late-war Irvins on the re-issue depot, I'd pick one of those up in a heartbeat.

rich

With all the off-cuts they must have, it surprises me they don't do them as part of the range .......

Did late war Irvin's still have the metal loops sewn into the collar?

Hawkeye

rich said:
With all the off-cuts they must have, it surprises me they don't do them as part of the range .......

Did late war Irvin's still have the metal loops sewn into the collar?

If you mean the elastic strap attachment points, I think a few did, but the vast majority of late war jackets didnt have them. The double collar rings remained throughout the war.

Jamesp

When I fist saw the jacket I thought of Eastman’s. But I as far as I know Eastman’s don’t use that horizontal seam near the bottom of the rear panels.

I have to say I think the jacket looks good! The shape is very similar to an original even if some details are not correct.

For a jacket of this quality and hand made by Lewis Leathers in limited numbers I would price it at around £700? But that would be for a new one direct from LL!

Did someone really pay £3000 for it new :eek:

Perhaps LL are aiming for the ‘Haute Couture’ market

James

Hawkeye

No, its definately an eastman, not only does the construction details look the sme, but the hardware is Eastman as well. Eastman doesnt normally sell these late-war jackets but every once in a while they build a few and throw them up on the Re-issue depot. I dont know how this other company gets the right to throw their own label on it though, could be a legal issue or two there if Eastman doesnt know about it.