• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How can I flatten out a curled up pocket flap ?

John Lever

My RMNZ Anj-4 has a curled up pocket flat that looks unsightly. Without wetting is there any way to flatten it out ?

Falcon_52

I would curl it the opposite direction and then try to stuff the flap (curled up) into the pocket and leave it there for a day or so. That should do the trick.

Noel

better duck

But then again: unsightliness is, like beauty, in the eye of the beholder! If that flap wants to curl: let it curl!
Look at the photos in the thread titled "A2 Nirvana": a brand new GW with a - oh horor - curled flap AND a curled bottom-front of the jacket - and we all praise it to high heaven for its authentic look.
Leather does that, and it is part of what makes a jacket look "lived in". Don't think the boys back then would have had much attention for, let alone patience with, curly flaps :) (unless they were on their plane of course :D