• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hole In One - Knit Mothing Prevention

442RCT

One of the things I notice cause 90% of the damage to an otherwise pristine leather jacket is moth damage to the knits. The seller of my Sefton included a new set of knits, waist and wrist band. The jacket was for all practical purposes, in nearly new condition. I also receive many jackets where mothing is the primary damage. :eek:

Right now, I've got a dozen flight jackets hanging in a small closet sealed with tape and a bucket of dry ice. I read that the dry ice sublimates into CO2 which will kill any larvae, etc. on clothing, after treating them, I might get a used refrigerator to store a few of my more expensive jackets to prevent moths from getting at them. I live in a relatively dry climate and humidity isn't an issue.

Any solutions from you would be much appreciated. :?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
I have one of those automatic insect control dispensers, that goes psst every few minutes.

I don't use it continuously .... just for a day, or two.

MikeyB-17

I got a box of cedar wood in various shapes-balls, slabs, even a couple with coathanger hooks on them. I put them in the wardrobe with all my jackets. Never suffered from mothing on a jacket I've owned, although I've bought many that already have it.

Atticus

Moth's balls. From time to time I open an entire box of moth's balls and put it in the room where my jackets and felt hats live.

AF