• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

History Preservation dead?

Enigma1938

Does someone know if the guys of History Preservation are out of business? I've sent them some emails lately and never got response :confused:
Does anyone have contact to them?

jeremiah

You have a better chance of winning the lottery than hearing back from them.
Order a jacket and see if that helps.

stanier

I’ve usually rung them rather than email. I seem to recall they’re not too hot on email.

B-Man2

He’s been rather quiet over the last year. Haven’t heard much from him here or over at TFL.

Juanito

Just noticed this thread. Not sure what to think. I have known Charles since 1989 when I bought my first B-3 and then what I think was the first horsehide Eastman in the US, when the DBA was Nose Art Unlimited. As John Mellencamp would say, "Now that I'm gettin' older, so much older. I love all those young boy days." I sometimes long for the early days of collecting.

All I can say is that he's always been the best. Granted, I haven't talked to him in a few years, but I can't say a bad thing about the guy.

Funny thing...I went to meet him in person twice. First was back in 1991. We were going to meet up at the Great Western show, but flights got cancelled at John Wayne airport due to the LA riots. The second time was in 1999. I was in Cherry Hill, but for whatever reason, it didn't pan out.

Some day, I would like to meet him and I hope he got that Poison Ivy painted jacket he always wanted when we were both into B-29s.

By the way, If anyone runs across russet, size 40, early Eastman A-2 with a name tag, a USAAF shoulder decal, and an exquisite, hand painted 65th Fighter Squadron patch, I'd like to get it back. It was sold to James Garcia sometime around 1995. It wouldn't fit now, but I'd still like to have it back. Stranger things have happened.

Last edited: