• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here’s a Tip if You Wear Rough Out Boots

B-Man2

The CV -19 is running rampant down here in Florida at the moment, and it’s spreading at a crazy rate, the worst it’s been since February, so I’m sitting home bored and thought I’d pass on a tip to a few of you.
If you like to wear Roughout Boots like I do, you have probably noticed that sometimes, depending on the maker, the laces are too short for the boots. Well I found a guy on eBay that offers laces at $3.50 a pair for several different length laces. In my case I ordered 63 inch light brown laces for my size 11.5 USMC WWII Impressions Boondocks. As you can see ... problem solved . The laces fit nicely through all the eyelets with enough left over to tie. My only error was that I ordered light brown laces as opposed to dark brown, which is the correct color for the boot. The photo below shows the laces that come with the boots and the new lace on the right. I have taken steps to correct the color difference and have ordered another set of laces.
573DD756-13CB-479B-8269-3CA8F65B8DFD.jpeg

Here’s the EBay link in case anyone is
interested. Note the price says $6.92 but I ordered 2 pair
CE5E66F9-68A3-496B-B149-3D02F2FD3088.png

Last edited:

Falcon_52

Thanks for the tip, Burt. I always run into the same thing with my ATF boondockers; I have to unlace the top eyelet or I can't slip my feet out. The laces are just a little short but I never bothered to look for a different set.

Noel

YoungMedic

Stay safe... are there many public gatherings adding to the dramas?

Yes Summer is in full swing and all the tourists and locals are coming down to intermingle. Counts are up predictably but I say with great trepidation hospitalizations and intensive care use are still OK for now. Fingers crossed