• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hercules / Buco MC Jacket?

Jamesp

Just bought this motorcycle jacket which was thought to be a 60s Hercules.

I am thinking it may be a 50s Buco.

The jacket has been re-lined (very well) but has lost its label.

Has anyone got any ideas as to who made it and how old it is?

I have been looking for a jacket of this type to go with my 68 Bonnie as my old Wolf double breasted M/C jacket, which was bought new 26 years ago, is a bit on the small side!

Large chunky 'Talon' Front zip

'Serval' sleeve zip

Any ideas much appreciated

James.

Tommer45

James, sorry I am not able to help you out.. but love the jacket and love the bike!

Ride safe man.

Tommer

Miles_Archer said:
Sears Oakbrook mid 60's.
I second that. It looks just like my Sears Oakbrook.

147851456_XNxeg-L.jpg

79077047_2LZx5-L.jpg

joeson

I have been looking for a jacket of this type to go with my 68 Bonnie as my old Wolf double breasted M/C jacket, which was bought new 26 years ago, is a bit on the small side!

Surely you should be thinking about a British jacket,maybe a Lewis Leathers or Highwayman?

Jamesp

Thanks for all your comments.

Great to now know what it is. No doubt about it being a Sears from your picture Wild Bill, thanks.

Yes Joeson, I see your point about a Lewis/Highwayman. Although I understand that Triumph sold more bikes in the US than here in England, so not totally inappropriate.

I have recently bought a 70s british made Mascot but am unsure about it due to the thin leather. I think it may be sheepskin.

I am also on the look out for a Lewis but the only one I have seen that I liked was an early Bronx at a classic bike show but they were asking £750.00 for it. Just could not justify it, but am sure it’s worth it to the right person.

Thanks again

James
:)

Peter Graham

Jamesp said:
I have recently bought a 70s british made Mascot but am unsure about it due to the thin leather. I think it may be sheepskin.
Is it this type ? I recently sold this Mascot and it's very thick cowhide.
myhobbies002.jpg

joeson

A lot of mascots tend to be lamb,although they did make cow skin too.
You can probably pick up a vintage bronx for about a third of the price of a new one if you look around.

Jamesp

This is the mascot I have. Am sure its Lamb.

Peter, your old Mascot looks is in the same condition as my old Wolf. Looks great.

Will have to decide weather to keep or sell the Mascot.

James.

Vcruiser

Jamesp said:
This is the mascot I have. Am sure its Lamb.

Peter, your old Mascot looks is in the same condition as my old Wolf. Looks great.

Will have to decide weather to keep or sell the Mascot.

James.

Man...I can't imagine a company making a MC jacket out of Lambskin....but then...they did become quite a fashion item as well as their original purpose as a riding jacket. I'm assuming that Mascot is a British Co. I've never seen one.
Van

Vcruiser

Miles_Archer said:
A fellow forum member told me Dave from Langlitz has made custom mc jackets out of SALMON SKIN.

Jeeze...that'd be pretty thin stuff! Better than Tuna...I suppose...
VB

Latest posts