• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with a G-1 Jacket issue please :)

rob20uk

Hi Guys,

Everyone on this forum has being amazingly helpful to date. If possible I would love to pick all of your brains one last time. I am a bit stuck and want to know what you would do in this situation.

OK so my problem is that a few months ago I got a brand new G-1, on the back panel of the jacket where the leather folds in on itself to make the bi-swing back section of the jacket. The problem I have is that on the right side of the jacket the depth of the leather that folds in on itself is 4cm but the same section of leather on the left site of the jacket the same section of leather is only 3cm. You can see the section of leather I am talking about as I drew the red line on the below picture.

Unfortunately this shorter section of leather is causing the left side of the bi-swing back section of the jacket to flair out. You can see a comparison of the left vs right side in the below pictures.

I told the company about this and they accepted it back and attempted to fix the jacket. Unfortunately the jacket came back with the same problem and a large hole where they restitched things. From my perspective it looks like they cut the leather short on the left hand side and no matter what they do they can't make leather that was cut short longer.

I have contacted the company but they have not responded to me in the last two weeks.

So my question is, would you send this back and ask them to remake this?

UPDATE: I have just called them and I will be sending the jacket back and getting them to make a new one without this error.

ua66uCy.jpg

9M6c4Jz.jpg

VwgVdVh.png

oLPJdr5.png

Thanks in advance for any help.

R

Last edited:

MikeyB-17

You bet I would send it back and have them make a new jacket. Not acceptable, especially that excuse for a repair. That or get a refund and get one somewhere else. Shame because it looks like a nice jacket but making it wrong in the first place and then botching the repair is not on. You going to tell us who the manufacturer is?

Flightengineer

I had several originals G-1, one of which had half an inch of different shoulders... some of them has another fault It was a mass product as gear for crews.
But repro jacket made for a lot of your money ... send this back and take your money.
Or demand a new jacket instead of this.

P-47 thunderbolt

Demand a new one, because it will be a remake for an existing order you should be priority and have it in a a week or so. They once sent me a crap rw27752, paper thin and dry. I was surprised because I didn't have to wait for my initial order, it was 'in stock'. Obviously a jacket someone else had already sent back.
So I sent it back and said I want one with decent hide and they made a new one straight away. Disappointing that they sent me the crap one in the first place, trying to get away with crappy output.