• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

Help wanted to identify a patch

jack31916

Hi Guys,

Back in 1983 me and a couple of friends were involved in the making of a videoclip of the Star Sisters

One of my friends was wearing an original A-2 jacket which can be seen in various shots in the clip and some more close up from 3.08 in the clip. He bought that jacket from a wholeseller in the Amsterdam region at that time for a stunning 100 Dutch guilders . It was a big jacket too and at least a size 46. Wish I could find something like that today ;)...

There's a squadron patch visible which was original to the jacket. On the back of the jacket (alas not visible in the clip) was a painting in dark red of a donkey and a name Red Ass.

I've seen this sort of patch before but I can't find it on the net. Maybe one of you can help me out?

Thanks !

jack31916

Hey thanks John ! You are a living encyclopedia ;)

I was able to find a pic and some history of the plane Red Ass .

Thanks again !

6817305424_bb7c704c6d.jpg

Flightengineer

Cool jacket and cool clip, thanks, didn't see it before.
These three beauties were very popular in 80s, I remember the discos of my youth :). It was a new wave of popularity of retro music, thanks to the Dutch.