• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help to identify a jacket

Tr250

Hi . Could anyone help identifying this jacket please . I got it from a chap who's father worked on an airbase in Lincolnshire during ww2 . He told me a us air man gave it to him . But that's as far as I know

Attachments

• IMG_0069.JPG
    IMG_0069.JPG
    957.8 KB · Views: 161

johnwayne

Quite a nice ‘vintage’ jacket but thats all - certainly not flight related/military issue. Hard to date it, the fact it has buttons could pre-date WWII before zippers but its a civilian purchase jacket and looks as if it might benefit from a coat of Pecards or similar leather conditioner. Could even be a later jacket say 50-70’s but if provenance you have is correct ie Lincolnshire airbase that’s unlikely!
Are there no labels anywhere like inside pockets?

Tr250

Hi thanks for the reply .iev just messaged the son of the guy who got the jacket . It's definitely from a USA airman ww2 the air base was east Kirkby Lincolnshire got that from the horses mouth sort of speak . Anyway he wants to sell it really any ideas of values .thanks .

johnwayne

Hmm, hard to value really without any actual genuine provenance to age/date it and even then as a ‘civi’ jacket, the fact it was owned by a US airman true or not doesn’t affect its poss value, unlike if say it was a named A2 flight jacket! It’s therefore very much dependant on what someones prepared to pay for it!! Guessing it’s possibly on the smaller side if 40’s? Maybe post it on ebay with measurements, add the story and see what transpires or if you've any vintage clothes shops give them a try.