• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help needed. Korean war flight jacket

Geeboo

I want to repro this jkt, sold in eBay in 2015 claimed to be Korean war flight jacket - possibly civilian.
I like this particular style because of the overall shape and color scheme - more versatile to wear without the fur collar [I am in Hong Kong - tropical climate] .
Help wanted:
1) the sleeves pocket - I cannot ascertain its details, it is not like that in B10/B15 whreas it is 3-dimensional - suggestion of details of it is welcomed
2) the right sleeves patch - I would like a big, ~5", black & yellow/ gold tone patch - I cannot see the full image of this patch - any suggestion which sleeves patch can be used - prefer Korean war period
Pls note all patches are black+yellow/gold in tone
1.jpg
?
No B10/B15, just want to repro this one after seeing hundreds of variants.
Tks in advance.

Last edited:

Tom Bowers

Private purchase tanker jacket
lots of these were made in Korea, some during the war or after during the 1960s by mamasan tailors
The name tape "jerry" is definately korean style
This is a nice one possible to get an ID
However it's not a flight jacket
Tom Bowers

Skyhawk

Yes looks like a Tanker. The pocket looks like a combination "Cigarette" pocket with pencil slots on the outside. Looks similar to a N3B parka sleeve pocket.
arm-pocket.png

unclegrumpy

Private purchase tanker jacket lots of these were made in Korea, some during the war or after during the 1960s by mamasan tailors
The name tape "jerry" is definately korean style This is a nice one possible to get an ID However it's not a flight jacket

Tom nailed this one. The hard thing to tell with this particular jacket, is if "Jerry" is a last name or not. It could be.

If it is a first name, then this is something that was worn off base or made as souvenir to take home. If it is a last name, then it could have been worn on base. However, the lack of any rank insignia suggests to me it was a souvenir...the tiger patch does as well.

The 1st Cav was in Korea and Japan after the Korean War to the early 1960's. This jacket is likely from the mid 1950's to early 1960's, and is a style that you often see worn. But as Tom said, it is not a flight jacket, but a style of "tanker jacket", though you see varying styles of these worn by soldiers in all branches of the Army....so it is really more of a theatre made private purchase mid weight jacket that is of a style that was allowed to be worn at that particular time and place. Meaning, if properly patched, you could probably wear one of these on base in Japan or Korea, but not likely once you were shipped elsewhere...especially back to the States.

liza420

Thanks for you query but trust it could be more great if you have an idea regarding coupons and promos especially ltd commodities coupon been offered 30% Off on every Korean war Jackets. but over all thanks for sharing this.