• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help needed for choice betwen AVI and Fivestar 55J14 G1

flyincowboy

SALUT RITCHY Go for an original one if you can source one! about five star good quality leather and affordable price you can ask Shawn to help you for the sizing if you need custom size .

Brettafett

This gentleman sometimes has some nice originals in decent condition.
No 55J14s though.

www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=g.i.jackets&_osacat=0&_armrs=1&_odkw=G-1+44&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313&_nkw=G-1&_sacat=0

Just know, for us EU guys, you'll pay postage and imports/duties/taxes on top... So make sure to ask questions!!!
Condition of leather, any issues, stitch holes, does the zipper work, and importantly... get measurements.

If it doesn't fit or you just dont like it, you''ll have to work than one out.

mulceber

Just as an FYI, original 55J14s that are in wearable condition are quite rare. Something about the leather that was used on that series was bad and so the whole series was prone to red rot. It's actually easier to find earlier WW2 Navy jackets than to find a good 55J14.

Lots of good 7823 and 7823As though.

Enigma1938

There are also several at the moment from a German seller, but none that suits me in my size....

Don't buy there ! The jackets from this seller were stored in pressed bundles for decades so they are more or less crumpled up with pressed in zipper marks, dents etc etc...
Oh and they smell musty with little chances of getting rid of that.
For the same money there are waaay better jackets out there.

Last edited:

Chandler

Not sure how big of a rush you are in, but depending on what happens in the next 2-3 weeks, I might be selling off my whole collection. Almost all are size 44-46.
Um, whoa? :oops:

Just that time? I've been toying with putting my '52 G-1 on the block for that reason.

STEVE S.

@STEVE S.
I'm not in hurry, what are you talking about when you say "depending on what happens in the next 2-3 weeks" ?
Just been having ongoing issues with the Mrs health. She hasn’t been able to work or drive for 3 yrs now so it’s all been on my shoulders. She has a hearing scheduled in about 3 weeks & if it goes bad, I may just sell off all of my collections. Between paying all of her healthcare/meds out of pocket and trying to keep everything up to date regular bill wise, I go 100 mph with my hair on fire 7 days a week trying to keep everything covered. Haven’t had a new jacket order in almost a yr & a half, so trying to live off of restoration/repair work and just getting worn out tired...

Ritchy

Hi there,
I found this one near me, in quite good condition and good price. It is too small for me but i think i'm gonna buy it.
It's perhaps the first step to find and buy an original one that will really fits me.
1.jpg

2.jpg

Regards