• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help in ID'ng of the jackets being worn please

Carl

Attachments

• 20190512_095149.jpg
    20190512_095149.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 149

Ken at Aero Leather

HH
The zipper on yours dates it to the 1960s. Badge holder suggest US Police
Nice detail on the collar fitting, I've not seen that before, I'll use that!!!
No facing? That's odd
I'll stick with a half belt back, more likely for the era of the OP's pic.
Good to see the side straps, just how I'd visualised them, a pain to do neatly though :(

I'll have one done this week

Suggestions for a label are welcome :)

Last edited:

Ken at Aero Leather

I've just been reminded I made a very similar jacket for Lydia (Mrs Ken) a few years ago in Green Melton. In my defence, she's rarely worn it!
Her's has a breast pocket, a lining, no top stitch around the side pockets and a panelled Half Belt back but all in all, it's as near as the BR
I'll take some pics in the morning and post them
I'll still make a proper repro though

Happy Hooligan

Thanks for the year Ken. I thought it was earlier. Maybe it's a replacement? As to a label, if you're making one, AER-O-WEAR . A bit of a nod to the original.

Ken at Aero Leather

Thanks for the year Ken. I thought it was earlier. Maybe it's a replacement? As to a label, if you're making one, AER-O-WEAR . A bit of a nod to the original.

It could be a replacement puller, the 30s/60's sliders are interchangable
your jacket does look much earlier in every other respect, plus I can't see any sign of the zipper body ever having been restitched

Ken at Aero Leather

It's the same patch as in this photo that I have. These fellows are wearing M-375 jackets. I believe the patch is for a flight training squadron that was at Long Beach Naval Reserve Aviation Base, California.

View attachment 18580

Correct, by blowing the original pic up to 400% the words "Long Beach" can be read clearly at the bottom of the patch.
There is sea with a cartoon sun half set into the horizon behind a large leaping fish of some sort with it's mouith wide open in the foreground, Shark? Flying Fish? Marlin?

Ken at Aero Leather

I've finished the repro
It's turned out well, looks very close to the jackets in the original pic
It's been a pain in the ass to make, I very much doubt if we'll make any more, I certainly won't be making another........ not that I've ever enjoyed working in cloth
The side belts took forever to get right

I'll put some pics up later,It fits a 40" if anyone's interested,