• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help in ID'ng of the jackets being worn please

Carl

I bought this photo on a whim off ebay last weekend for £3 ,

B-Man2

Hi Carl
The Khaki jacket is a 37J1 Bedford Cord but what the heck the others are is new to me.
Sorry.

Carl

Hi Carl
The Khaki jacket is a 37J1 Bedford Cord but what the heck the others are is new to me.
Sorry.
Thank you Burt ! Lets hope someone knows, as i think they look the DOGS KAHONAS those other jackets

Ken at Aero Leather

They are certainly wool, almost certainly half belted with side adjusters, never ever seen one with any hint of a Militaria heritage
Pocket stitch suggest an unlined garment
Very similar to jackets we make, although I don't think they are on the site but there are various examples of our wool & leather version

Ken at Aero Leather

Looks like Buzz Rickson noticed these:

Wool%20Sub%20tour%20jacket%202.png

That's some story on the BR website schpiel.............Jackanory I'd say, unless Chazza has some of his usual previously unknown historic info from BR that the rest of us are not party to?
Maybe we'll see one of the above on FL in his "Jackass Of The Day" column?

Seriously,. over the years I've handled hundreds of Far East Tour jackets, but never one that looked so US made as the ones in Carl photo,

scwells

It's the same patch as in this photo that I have. These fellows are wearing M-375 jackets. I believe the patch is for a flight training squadron that was at Long Beach Naval Reserve Aviation Base, California.

Pressler.jpg

Last edited:

Ken at Aero Leather

I think you are onto a winner with this !
If one of you more "technical minded" folks could do a comparison pic of the pockets from both jackets together ?
Thankyou
Carl

Photo finish at least!
That's exactly how I thought they would look inside, they were obviously unlined, can we see a cuff pic? Also a pic of the inside neck edge at the top of the zipper?

Last edited:

Ken at Aero Leather

Just a thought, I'm working in our design studio this week, I've got Navy Melton up here, if I've got time I'll knock one up, it wouldn't take too long with no lining.
A pic of the back of the neck showing the inside is about all I need to see to duplicate one of these

Carl

Just a thought, I'm working in our design studio this week, I've got Navy Melton up here, if I've got time I'll knock one up, it wouldn't take too long with no lining.
A pic of the back of the neck showing the inside is about all I need to see to duplicate one of these
Shame we cant just get a pic of the jackets in the photo from behind ! :(