• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help identifying the reproduction manu of this Rough Wear 16159 needed

Dany McDonald

Hello,

This is a long shot, and I tried to pin point the maker by comparing details but I need your help. No labels/tags are to be found anywhere. To make things easy I dont have access to the jacket.

I think it could be a "vintage" Rainbow Country because they do replicate this contract often and in the same russet color with different tread/zipper/knits. They did make one almost identical (knits/leather/zip puller), but with a brownish zipper tape and paler tread...

Has anyone seen or has info on this nice A-2? What do you think of the leather?

RoughWear-16159.jpg

Moderators, hope this is appropriate, if not just delete....

Thank you in advance!

Dany

Dany McDonald

Beside the probable maker being RM, would you say in general that the hardware is a good indication of quality and for any maker?

In this case, United carr snaps and what seems as a good M39 triple marked Talon...

Here's the zipper...

tripple_talon.JPG

Pilot

Only a few repro makers use United Carr snaps and offer NOS Talon ( altern... Crown, Conmar ,etc)...so yes ...IMHO...vg. high end quality by all means.
Also, design, cut, knits and hide...very close to ww2 versions.

Skyhawk

They changed the listing to include "The Real McCoy's".

Great ID guys! Interesting corrosion on the metal. Authentic and quick to form. Must have gotten pretty wet at some point.

A new feature! Quick corroding "Combat Corrosion" hardware. :)

Ken at Aero Leather

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Verdigris is the common name for a green pigment obtained through the application of acetic acid to copper plates[2] or the natural patina formed when copper, brass or bronze is weathered and exposed to air or seawater over time. It is usually a basic copper carbonate, but near the sea will be a basic copper chloride.[3] If acetic acid is present at the time of weathering, it may consist of copper(II) acetate.

Thanks Jay, you made me google the stuff
Which maker is going to be first to use this product on their "Vintage" A-2s ?:)

https://www.goldleafsupplies.co.uk/verdigris-antiquing-fluid/

Just kidding

Dany McDonald

Hello,

Found an old Japanese blog with a couple of images from 97-98-99 that were analogue to this manufacturer tag-less jacket. No close ups but one could match the general appearance.

Thank you for your help, really appreciated!

D