• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help identifying a flight jacket....

Dany McDonald

Hello,

I may buy this jacket that looks like a B-10 with different interior (not alpaca) and zipper (Emar).
The provenance is an ex military.

Is it a post WW2 private purchase or a vintage repro, a modified original? I really dont know what to think of it.

Thank you for your help.
01-fj.jpg
02-fj.jpg
03-fj.jpg
04-fj.jpg

Regards,

Dany

Pilot

IMHO, repro lookalike B-10...
The collar fleece is already an immediate and very first red flag rising criteria ( if one believes WW2...).
Other than that... if priced below the very great Made in China, Pakistan or Turkey jackets.. Why not...
Priorities first...
Cheers

Dany McDonald

Hello Pilot,

I thought it could be a test jacket or oddball private purchase like many German uniforms made by private tailors. A practice not so common with US troops.

To my untrained eye, it has a vintage look (zipper, wear). I wasn't sure about the collar but yeah, you are probably correct about the synthetic look. And the embroidered patch ticked my attention.

I will pass, the seller believes in the ever so magic WW2 labeling, and it reflects on the price.

Thank you for your time, appreciated!

Dany

ties70

Dany,

it's a repro. And not a good one, I would say....the outer shell is more like canvas, unlike original B-10 which were mostly fine-weave cotton twill.

Lining is wrong, too.

Best regards,

Ties