• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identify Mysterious Jacket

I recently purchased this jacket but I can not identify it. The tag says that it is a B9 but the specification number and stock number is for a B11. The jacket also looks like a B 11. I think that the tag might be a mistake but I just want to be sure.

These are some photos

Attachments

• IMG_0498.JPG
    IMG_0498.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0499.JPG
    IMG_0499.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0500.JPG
    IMG_0500.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0501.JPG
    IMG_0501.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 208

MikeyB-17

Hi. That’s a post war civilian jacket. The ‘original type ‘ bit on the label doesn’t appear on military jackets.

stanier

Hi, I think as it’s a civilian jacket it cannot be a b-9 or a b-11. It’s just a civvy jacket from a post war maker. I’m not sure what more could be added?

Cheers

MikeyB-17

I guess despite the label it’s more like a B-11. As I understand, B-9’s had the quilted lining and B-3’s the alpaca, but I don’t pretend to be an expert, just seen a few of these ‘original type ‘ jackets before.

Carl

Total BS im afraid, as Fitzwell did not have a B9 contract .
As always when buying anything

"READ THE SMALL PRINT" this time on the label

"ORIGINAL TYPE "

I could go on , but i think the message is clear .

Carl

Smithy

It might not be an original contract jacket but it looks to be in good nick and if it fits you I'd say wear the hell out of it during the colder months and just enjoy it.

Welcome to VLJ as well!

Carl

It might not be an original contract jacket but it looks to be in good nick and if it fits you I'd say wear the hell out of it during the colder months and just enjoy it.

Welcome to VLJ as well!
As good as its later cousin , the N2b

B-Man2

I used to constantly get hung up over if the jacket or coat was an issued military item or not. I didn’t want anything that wasn’t military issued because I always though that the military had the “best stuff”. Then one day a friend reminded me that, most of the issued military gear, what ever it was , is made by the “lowest bidder “. That registered with me and now I wear what feels and looks good . Keep in mind that most of the Special Operations Services purchase their specialized gear from the civilian markets. So .....My point is.... if the jacket looks good, feels good, and works for you.....consider it a keeper.
Welcome aboard!!