• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help and advice needed please Buzz rickson Type N-3B "SKYLINE CLOTHING CORP." 1960 MODEL

bazzer

Hi sorry newbie so newbie question could anyone enlighten and help please me on
Buzz rickson Type N-3B "SKYLINE CLOTHING CORP." 1960 MODEL black label
How accurate it is the history of it
The quality is it worth owning
year it was Introduce
what a good second hand price is for a nearly new one extra large ?
Its not to sell but my daughter has brought me one thinking it was an original skyline I just want reasure her
Thank you
Barry

Attachments

• 9a25ddfe5be7dc80c0655f07b02fe43617ee78a5_l.jpg
    9a25ddfe5be7dc80c0655f07b02fe43617ee78a5_l.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

B-Man2

Hi
I am fortunate in that I have an original Skyline N-3B and the Buzz you own is about as close to that original as is made today . That’s sort of a misleading comment, as Buzz Rickson is the only one that makes a repro of the Skyline N-3b . So explain to you daughter that she did good !:)

bazzer

Bit more advice if anyone can help
I think it is the same one as label is exactly the same
The down side is it smells of old army surplus smell
Is it real coyote fur?
How do I clean it ?
Dry clean? Just dont want to damage it
Thank you
Barry

Monsoon

My Dad had one just like that. My niece has it now. It looks just like the BR version. Not sure if their jacket has the real coyote fur tho.

If it has a surplus smell, maybe just try hanging it outside to air out.

917_k

Is it this one you’ve acquired? If so, what makes you think it’s a Buzz Rickson version as opposed to a genuine vintage one? Does it have a BR or Toyo Enterprises tag anywhere?

Either way it’s a really nice jacket. I love these earlier N3Bs with the USAF roundel and coyote fur trim (although if it’s a modern BR that will be synthetic).

bazzer

Is it this one you’ve acquired? If so, what makes you think it’s a Buzz Rickson version as opposed to a genuine vintage one? Does it have a BR or Toyo Enterprises tag anywhere?

Either way it’s a really nice jacket. I love these earlier N3Bs with the USAF roundel and coyote fur trim (although if it’s a modern BR that will be synthetic).

yes i think it is or very much like it she said she brought it off ebay .
only showed it to me make sure it fitted me as an Xmas present so couple of months to wait and will confirm
the thing that stood out was that it was a reproduction and i just thought it strange that it had 1960 on black label. which made me question it is an original?
which then caused her to get upset.
it is a lovely coat and look forward to wearing and reassured her i love it

its just the smell she wants it clean to give that why i am try to find best way of cleaning it
thanks
barry

917_k

yes i think it is or very much like it she said she brought it off ebay .
only showed it to me make sure it fitted me as an Xmas present so couple of months to wait and will confirm
the thing that stood out was that it was a reproduction and i just thought it strange that it had 1960 on black label. which made me question it is an original?
which then caused her to get upset.
it is a lovely coat and look forward to wearing and reassured her i love it

its just the smell she wants it clean to give that why i am try to find best way of cleaning it
thanks
barry

Well if it’s that one then I don’t think it’s a repro, it certainly doesn’t look like one. Buzz Rickson jackets are made to look pretty much identical to the real thing and they include labels with original dating etc, but stitch their own label in the pocket. Stick some photos on here when you have it, but either way I think your daughter has got you a fantastic jacket. I’ve got numerous N3 jackets and they’re probably my favourite winter coat, these earlier black label ones are the best by far.

In terms of the smell, I’ve had my jackets dry cleaned and they’ve all come out fine with no damage or wear, but I’d maybe be a little cautious if it’s got the Air Force markings, as I’m not sure how that will hold up.

bazzer

yes Chloe my daughter has confirmed it is that one and got money off by doing a best offer. good on her, lucky me thank you for reassurance i have told her and she will get it dried clean for me
look forward to Christmas but i doubt if my wife will be as coat rack in house looking more like a 60's Vietnam restaurants coat rack.
thank you
barry

bazzer

Hi just to clear up my wobble if the coat brought for me was really a service issue or not
After a lot of reasurance and knowledge from
@917_k and MaydayWei reply to my query to Jorgeenriqueaguilera N.O.S Albert Turner &, Co Type N-3B
To use a coke cola term it's the real thing
Its very real as it has the remnants "cutter tags"; to be removed or cut-off upon issue tags in both pockets
From the little knowledge a have learnt since this Original post is that buzz Rickson's is probably the best replicators there is but would no go to that extent
Will post pictures after I get the coat
Big thank you again @917
Baz