• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello old friend: Goodwear Knopf 42-18246-P A-2

Juanito

About 5 years ago I bought this GW Knopf A-2 used. Aside from the GW United Sheeplined A-2 I had, this is the closest to an original I have seen, primarily due to both having pigment finished hides. Like the USL jacket, it was also one of the best fitting I have ever owned.

Anyway, in a fit of insanity and an offer I could not refuse, I sold it about 2 years ago. I ended up contacting the buyer about 9 months ago and we finally worked something out for me to get it back. When I sold it to him it was essentially new and now it has some wear to it now with some snags in the cuffs and some wear to the leather and liner soiling, but I am glad to have it back nonetheless. I plan on it being my primary jacket and will wear it to the point of my LW Dubow A-2 in the Heavily Worn A-2 thread, unless I lose enough weight to use the Platon Dubow more regularly.

Here's John's details and photos of this exact jacket when it was new in 2010: http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/18246P_No1_46/

Today:

Expertly taken photos by my 7 year old daughter:

EmergencyIan

That’s a fine looking A-2!

In the past, I thought of getting a Knopf no-name contract. I would have ordered one in 2010, when John made my Bronco, but I knew even less about A-2’s then (even though the Bronco is a great jacket). The Knopf no-name would have been perfect for my body shape.

Again, that’s a helluva jacket. Happy to know it’s returned to you.

- Ian