• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello I’m Brandon my Grandpa was in ww2 and I have a few items I could use some help with please?Help id and value the leather ww2 patches I have?

brandonwatson

So to explain your grouping Brandon, it looks like it’s the 341st Bomb Group, assigned to the 14th Air Force between Jan 44 & Oct 45, of which the 491st Bomb Squadron was one of its units. These were operating in the CBI (China-Burma-India) theatre.

I hope this helps maybe shed some light on your grandfathers service; I assume he was in the AAF?
Yes he was a armorer/ gunner

brandonwatson

I usually welcome newbies with "welcome to the amusement park"......now that we have gotten over that, nice "theater made" painted patches. I would venture to posit that your gramps had the same or variations [leather multi layered] of same stitched on one of his garments, most likely a flight jacket, and these were back ups. not at all uncommon. keeping them, as suggested, is suggested. however if your financial situation dictates, and you have to sell them, I can only say that the value is what the market will pay. as a set, with provenance, you could see some serious coin from a serious buyer. if you do decide that selling them is a must, go with greedbay, and skip military sites, stores, offers by "collectors".. let the market dictate their value. oh, and welcome to the amusement park.
My financial situation leaves me with no choice. I have a family and my Granpa would understand. But it’s sad and unfortunate. I don’t even know how much to start the price @? I have a few more items besides the patches too. Thank you for your help!

SuinBruin

Starting price isn't really an issue as long as you let the auction run its course for at least 7 days and have multiple good photos. You'd probably get more selling each patch individually but it would be a shame to break up the set. I think it would also increase the value if you included your grandfather's name and service history as such provenance can only help.