• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HEAVY vintage motorcycle jacket, hoping to get some info

alpentolic

Thanks in advance. I'm trying to find out if this style of jacket looks like any particular maker, more for my own curiosity than anything else.

It's not all that different from other leather jackets of mine, but it is WAY heavier (7 lbs. on the fish scale), and likely better quality.

The only unique features it has other than the weight are the covered buttons on the flaps, and the 4 button sleeves. My others all have zippers.

someone speculated it was a Langlitz, but looking at photos I haven't seen any Langlitz jackets with shoulder gussets (assuming that's what their called?).

Anyway, it's a longshot. But it's my favorite jacket and I'd love to know more.

Appreciate ya!

JjpsXre.jpg

9srDQd1.jpg

24yOqbK.jpg

4AT79pG.jpg

B-Man2

I'm not an authority on the subject, but having riden motorcycles for several years, Ive seen jackets with belt snaps around the waist like this several times. The older jackets like this could have either been a police jacket and the snaps are in place to help hold up the gun belt or a touring jacket that had the snaps there so that a second or additional back support could be attached to the waist area of the jacket. Since the jacket doesn't have a badge placement addition on the left chest area, Im guessing it was a touring addition for some type of back support. I cant tell you who made it, but its probably made around the 1950's time frame.

Silver Surfer

looks to be a very short mc jacket. for the most part, the short ones were [are women's] jackets. also, it looks to be a European jacket. hard to tell conclusively without pix of the zipper pullers,[aluminum talons?] and labels.70s?