• Image uploads are not working at the moment. Working on it.

Heat Transfer Roundels Available Once Again

Flightengineer

Can't find the original AAF Decal thread, so I'll ask here.
Does any of the members have experience with this Japanese maker?

ARMY_AIR_FORCES_LEATHER_DECAL_A_large.jpg

I accidentally received one as a gift, it looks high quality and the correct shape, color and font.
I'm interested in how the decal behaves after some time and if here are owners impressions if any of you have used one. Thanks.

Tattoo A2

Ive used the old decal types that MASH in Japan sold a few years back, they looked good and aged like the originals to me, the heat transfer ones I got recently I tried on a piece of leather with their small AAF decal you would find on the inside zipper flap, and maybe its my iron or my lack of instructional brain damage from the 70s, but I couldnt get the sucker to stick to the leather....Im bad, lol

Flightengineer

If you need any MASH products buying & forwarded let me know..
Thanks a lot, Lee. I don't need anything yet, and besides, I'm not sure if you can send me something, in any case - in these terrible times mail from the USA to me is not yet possible, I think UK Royal mail also doesn't work. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Tattoo A2

It has only one drawback - this decal is too permanent. I've tried different abrasives and it won't rub off. It probably won't look like the original in years to come.
When Mash was selling the water decals years ago I applied a few to my A2 and B6 jackets and they are still holding up pretty well after 15 years of use.