• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headwinds Mfg. Status?

Smithy

What's particularly concerning is that if you click on Jay's profile it says that he was last here 34 minutes ago (obviously based on when I write this) so he's seen all of this, and still chooses for whatever reason not to deal with it, make a statement, sort this out, etc, etc.

Not looking good, and not looking like he's the most honorable fellow. Sneaking around in the background is never a good look.

Skyhawk

Wow this thread certainly has exploded since I was here last....
Yes I did check in a bit ago but did not have time to respond yet.

Officer Dibley

No business should be run by relying on the customer to fund it in its’ entirety.

For sure it takes a lot of money to buy the materials & eqt etc but that is what a business loan is for. Or you grow the business very slowly with your own spare cash. Or re-mortgage your house. The business owner should be taking the risk and not making their customers take all the risk.

They need to understand the early goods will not make them money at all.

Reality is that one-man shows will never make money. Economies of scale like ELC are what works. Allows for staff sickness & holidays etc.

Good luck to anyone who wants to try this. Not for me. But how about doing it morally and grow slowly and ethically.....and ignore your customers after you have taken their money at your peril !

Skyhawk

Seems I have been accused, charged and convicted without being present. Now for the rest of the story....

Skyhawk

I can tell you that I ordered a Headwind “Hat Jacket” late September 2019. I paid $600.00 in advance and it was supposed to take 4-6 weeks for delivery, but the jacket was never completed or sent and I finally cancelled the order on February 21 , 2020 and requested a refund . To date I haven’t received a refund and I’ve filed a claim with my credit card company. I have all correspondence , PMs and invoices to back up this statement.

This is false. He contacted me to cancel his order. I told him his jacket was being made at that time and would be done in a week. Granted it was late, but in this industry where you can be out of stock on knits and other items for months, it's really nothing new.

I agreed to refund his money. I went to refund his money and found he had not waited for the refund but went directly to his credit card company to file a claim. That cost me $40 in fees for the credit return attempt and the loss of the transaction fees that I would have been reimbursed for, had he waited for the refund I agreed to send.

In order to keep prices reasonable, Headwind operates on a very tight budget. There is not a huge markup on the jackets and that is why we can make such high quality jackets at a lower price then other comparable mfg's. In fact it takes additional funds to keep headwind going, on top of the revenue from sales. I don't just sit around running Headwind, I actually work other jobs as well to support the business and to "pay the rent".

When a customer costs me extra unnecessary funds, and when I ask why, their response is that "they didn't trust me to refund them". Well in that case I am not going to sell them any more jackets. How can I "trust" them to follow through in the end? It is not worth the risk to me or the company.

Smithy

Still not looking good Jay...

I have a feeling that there might be some more things about to come out which don't exactly fit with your version of events or what went down Jay...

Smithy

Well there might be more to this than what you say, so I'm interested to see what Burt posts and also in the way of evidence about what has happened that he might have, and which might tell a different story from what you said happened. I've seen a couple of things from Burt in relation to this and they're very interesting.

But this isn't for me to lay the cards on the table. I imagine Burt will be along shortly to do that.

B-Man2

I will let the emails speak for themselves:
A7B7B872-1E8C-408F-943E-716032FAC0F9.png

B-Man2

Additionally
I receipt from Headwind for a refund receipt on February 29th . I checked with my credit card company on March 8th and Today March 11th.
There has been no documentation of a refund or any correspondence from HW to or on file with Visa on the matter. I have never heard of a Credit card company refusing to issue a refund. HW has until April 8th to respond.
AAE24C00-009D-4F2A-9689-5EF366EAF3BA.png

Skyhawk

I am not seeing anything there, besides the issue of posting Private emails and PM's without my consent. But basically is is what I said it was, and if you would have let me refund your purchase as promised, you would already have your money.

B-Man2

You accused me of lying!
I have the right to defend myself from those accusations!!
And you have not issued a refund of the money !!

Smithy

Smoking gun.

Jay, you and Headwind should be ashamed of yourselves.

Those SMSs prove what Burt has been saying.

Skyhawk

What's that? That the jacket took a long time due to supply and production issues, and when it finally was being made, he backed out and filed a claim with his card company before I could issue him a refund?

Skyhawk

Oh yeah and by the way, you do not have permission to post my private messages or emails on the forum. Although it's a little late in this case.

Smithy

Oh yeah and by the way, you do not have permission to post my private messages or emails on the forum. Although it's a little late in this case.

That doesn't exactly make people round here think you're innocent.

As soon as you start talking about people not being able to show evidence, know what that reeks of?

Guilt.

Smithy

Oh and the fact, you said (and someone must have falsified this as a receipt for a refund via the credit card company) you'd refunded the money but actually hadn't doesn't look good either.

I'm no expert on US law but I imagine there must be provisions for false or fraudulent use of false financial documentation.