• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headwinds Mfg. Status?

GBoothroyd

Then go ahead and change the world be my guest !. I'm done with this issue as I said before ,finished stum exit and left the building !

Jeff
Not trying to change the world. But collectively we can change how these vendors operate. All it took was saying “I need more time”. But I get that you may not have the stomach for standing up for yourself. But when it comes to my money it’s my rules, not your rules or the vendors rules. After all, I earned it.

B-Man2

Question???
As of lately has anyone out there had an issue with Headwind not delivering their jacket in a timely manner or not refunding their purchase price for non delivery of a jacket?
If so, would you kindly PM me and tell me the details.
Thank you

Last edited:

B-Man2

Question 2 ??
If anyone on this forum has ever been “Banned For Life “ from ever ordering or purchasing a Headwind jacket or any other company's jacket, because they filed a claim with their credit card company for the return of their money, after not receiving a Headwind jacket or any other manufactures jacket in a timely manner. Please PM me and tell me the details.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Officer Dibley

What are Headwinds advertised waiting times ? And actual ?
And how do they compare with ELC, GW etc ?
Perhaps a running table ...? Alas i’m not in the market for a jacket but if i were, it would be good intel

B-Man2

I can tell you that I ordered a Headwind “Hat Jacket” late September 2019. I paid $600.00 in advance and it was supposed to take 4-6 weeks for delivery, but the jacket was never completed or sent and I finally cancelled the order on February 21 , 2020 and requested a refund . To date I haven’t received a refund and I’ve filed a claim with my credit card company. I have all correspondence , PMs and invoices to back up this statement.

Last edited:

Smithy

I can tell you that I ordered a Headwind “Hat Jacket” September 2019. I paid $600.00 in advance and it was supposed to take 4-6 weeks for delivery, but the jacket was never completed or sent and I finally cancelled the order on February 21 , 2020 and requested a refund . To date I haven’t received a refund and I’ve filed a claim with my credit card company. I have all correspondence , PMs and invoices to back up this statement.

We've talked about this recently in private Burt but I don't mind saying this in public either.

That absolutely stinks and is very, very poor form. After that sort of time delay and lack of action you've done exactly the right thing.

Smithy

Actually Tim, the part of this I didn’t mention is that after I filed with my credit card company for the return of my money , I was banned from ever purchasing another Headwind jacket by Jay.

That goes beyond bad form into something well beyond it.

And Jay, if you are reading this thread you should address this. And bloody quickly.

Blaming a customer for your side of the problems is never right - even if you have a problem with suppliers.

Burt is probably the most stand up, honest and decent chap around here, so to hear that he's been banned from ever purchasing another Headwind jacket reeks of retribution, if as it indeed sounds like it is, for your own mistakes.

If you have banned an honest customer who ordered in good faith, and you are doing this as a form of punishment for your own shortcomings, I would imagine that the ramifications for your business could be very far reaching and financially very adverse.

Let's hope that - although it's very hard to believe - this is miscommunication, etc, etc and that a more advantageous solution for Burt will come about, rather than 5 months without a jacket that he's paid for and insultingly threats of being barred from purchasing from a company because he takes issue with their non-delivery of a product.

An old salesman's adage but worth mentioning, how you treat the person you're selling to now will affect your next twenty potential customers. Or to put it another way and in the context of this forum, if you intentionally fuck over a member, you'll probably lose a lot of potential orders from this neck of the woods.

That might sound harsh but probably has to because it's the truth.

Smithy

...oh and by the way Jay if you hadn't worked it out, if this is actually what has happened to Burt and how you choose to conduct your jacket making business, I can tell you now that there's no bloody way I'd ever buy a jacket from you or recommend you to someone I know, either online or in person, and I hope that others here would choose to do the same.

Someone needs to own this and the way it's looking, it sure as hell shouldn't be poor, old Burt.