• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headwind Mfg Co - Our New USN 37J1 Jacket

bseal

Man!!!
Why do we keep beating up on the guys who are trying to produce decent repro jackets. I don’t get it . Please someone explain it to me. I’m not looking to get involved in a pissing contest but this seems to be happening more and more.

It’s important to some of us that newly touted products and the ethical principles associated with the marketing of them are properly vetted. In balance, providing that the feedback is sincere and constructive, it should be valued.

Here, a satisfied customer or two of Headwind stated the new hide wasn’t to their aesthetic liking. That’s all. People like what they like. No biggie right?

Instead, there are multiple pics, some quite fuzzy, and others missing evidentiary data linked to the individual’s comments telling us our screen monitors aren’t up to the task or we just need to believe that this hide is representative of the garment from approximately a hundred years ago. Maybe or maybe not, right?

My feeling was there was an impingement on open and robust forum conversation, that this manufacturer apparently claimed to have the truth and we were not being appreciative enough as he may have attempted to spoon-feed possible alternative facts for our general consumption to generate a new consensus more to his liking.

We should be protective of individuals attempting to cater to our avocation, and in exchange they could steel themselves with the knowledge that not everyone here will love every product all the time. And when this happens on occasion it is not necessay to internalize they are unloved or unwelcome here.

Last edited:

B-Man2

It’s important to some of us that newly touted products and the ethical principles associated with the marketing of them are properly vetted. In balance, providing that the feedback is sincere and constructive, it should be valued.

Here, a satisfied customer or two of Headwind stated the new hide wasn’t to their aesthetic liking. That’s all. People like what they like. No biggie right?

Instead, there are multiple pics, some quite fuzzy, and others missing evidentiary data linked to the individual’s comments telling us our screen monitors aren’t up to the task or we just need to believe that this hide is representative of the garment from approximately a hundred years ago. Maybe or maybe not, right?

My feeling was there was instead an impingement on open and robust forum conversation, that this manufacturer apparently claimed to have the truth and we were not being appreciative enough as he may have attempted to spoon-feed possible alternative facts for our general consumption to generate a new consensus more to his liking.

We should be protective of individuals attempting to cater to our avocation, and in exchange they could steel themselves with the knowledge that not everyone here will love every product all the time. And when this happens on occasion it is not necessay to internalize they are unloved or unwelcome here.

Bseal
A fair and honest assessment of your position. I get it....no problem . There is always room for dissent or if you choose to view it as such , call it constructive criticism. My only observation is that lately we seem to cross the line into “Nasty Land” when dealing with these fellows. It’s a general observation not specifically meant for you or anyone else, but we as a group seem to be chewing these guys up whenever they attempt to present a new product. I understand there are many here who feel that certain manufacturers cross ethical marketing guidelines, and use this forum to market their products utilizing the guise of providing information, which enhances their products over their competitors. However, we are an educated and intelligent group who can see right through this type of subterfuge. So at the end of the day when we look at the photos of these new products and say “Yay or Nay”, I would hope that we could offer our opinions in a constructive way without the animosity and anger that seems to have prevailed over the last month or two. Once again I’m not having a go at you or anyone else here. My only concern is in losing the experience, information, advise and insight these guys provide during that window of time when they are not engaged in releasing new products for our review.
Thanks for your response and clarification.
Cheers
B-Man2

Last edited: