• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headwind Mfg Co - Covid-19 Update

ausreenactor

I sense the fear in your posts.

I wish I had not mentioned WW2 now. The point has been lost on many. This is nothing like peer to peer warfare. We have 24/7 connectivity and we know the courses of action to achieve the endstate. If only the people of the World could follow instructions and self isolate if symptomatic. Community to community transmission is the issue.

Ask those in the unemployment lines if they would prefer to work. There are many facing unemployment long after this passes. Any income earned now is better for the economy now and later.

Any role is 'essential' if the rent is still due and you have to buy food.

Smithy

I wish I had not mentioned WW2 now. The point has been lost on many. This is nothing like peer to peer warfare. We have 24/7 connectivity and we know the courses of action to achieve the endstate. If only the people of the World could follow instructions and self isolate if symptomatic. Community to community transmission is the issue.

Ask those in the unemployment lines if they would prefer to work. There are many facing unemployment long after this passes. Any income earned now is better for the economy now and later.

That's a false argument Couchy and you should know it. You're a member of the military and I would have hoped that as such you had have been given a better and clearer understanding of the situation and the potentialities of how it could develop by your superiors.

The initial fight is not against lost wages, productivity, nor about rent or paying the mortgage. It's firstly about stopping the spread of a hazardous and highly virulent virus to prevent further spread and hospitalisation/death from it. Health services are going to be stretched by this, another point is not to put anymore undue stress on them.

And you should sense the fear in people's posts, this isn't a joke. It hasn't peaked nor has it finished. We are just at the start of this here in the west. This isn't something which is going to just disappear next week, and we all go back to life the way it was. This isn't a joke.

ausreenactor

We appear to be plateauing and decreasing our new cases which reinforces our measures to date.

As a member of the military we are parading in our usual numbers and there is no panic until schools close.

I only fear what happens when races who prefer to congregate and mass in large groups spread the virus en masse.

We have closed our borders and appear to be tackling the scourge.

Chinese groups have been cleaning out retailers and shipping pallets of masks and PPE to China.

When people without jobs have nothing in their pockets and elect to riot or loot that is when I will be concerned. Until then it's business as usual with self isolation and social distancing. Something I have practiced for decades. People are stupid. Only the level of stupidity varies.

I pulled my Superannuation out of US stocks three weeks ago. Will be an interesting month for the USA. I am trying to find positive elements to all of this.

Micawber

I wish you, your family and fellow countrymen and women well but as far as discussing this further with you - I'm out.

ausreenactor

I hope you show more resilience over the coming months!

I assume you are with your family and have control over your destiny?

I have not seen my family in a month and all interstate travel has been banned for Defence personnel. My planned leave for Easter has been cancelled and a wedding I was attending tomorrow is not going ahead. I was set fly out an hour ago. I now have a flight credit that I am unlikely to use, on an airline that might not be in operation beyond this. I am out $1000 in travel and accommodation to a part of Victoria I would not normally visit. My family had more fidelity on our next reunion on three Afganistan deployments. I have no idea when I will see my family again. I have no idea if I will ever see my parents again.

We move to 24 hour operations from next week as the ADF move to support local police in enforcing the next stage of self isolation. Assumption is the Army are healthy enough to endure the risk and we receive free medical. But we will have to isolate beyond our commitment. If we don't go down in the interim. Timeline is indefinite.

I assure you I am highly cognisant of the ramifications of this virus. If I briefed you on what the S2 threw at us you would all shit yourselves. We are risking our well being to ensure those that think they are above the rest are not out and about as if nothing is wrong. Such as those on beaches in Melbourne and Sydney in recent days. And we are relatively lucky in Australia. I have grave fears for the USA and Europe. The new cases daily in the USA increase by exponentially greater 'thousands'.

I would not be focused on one small business on an 'island' off the coast of France. The damage has already been done and 'people will be people' in both Europe and the USA.

Smithy

Couchy I think you're a good bloke but I think you've been flippant about this situation and the threat it potentially poses.

The reason why we've talked about ELC was because of their statement and its complete antithesis to Aero's statement. At a time when non essential businesses are being asked to close or make special measures to continue to operate, there was nothing concerning that in ELC's statement and that's why some of us are asking questions.

I really hope your "we're plateauing now" and all the rest of the your apparent "it's no big deal" attitude proves to be right. I really do because that means that we won't be in for the shit storm that a lot of experts think we're in for.

ausreenactor

I just found it strange that some were dwelling on the semantics regarding two jacket manufacturers when there are more pressing matters.

Pick the battles.

ausreenactor

Couchy I think you're a good bloke but I think you've been flippant about this situation and the threat it potentially poses. I really do because that means that we won't be in for the shit storm that a lot of experts think we're in for.

The UK, USA and Europe are doomed. Our dislocation and the fact we are 'girt by Sea' are our only saving grace.

Smithy

I just found it strange that some were dwelling on the semantics

But it wasn't about semantics was it? It was about two completely different attitudes and responses.

Hence the questions from some.

The UK, USA and Europe are doomed. Our dislocation and the fact we are 'girt by Sea' are our only saving grace.

I still follow the news in Oz and some of the predictions about how this will spread there in the next couple of weeks aren't exactly encouraging. One said that Oz could have a similar outcome as Spain due to the slowness of closing down international arrivals and how people have been allowed to congregate en masse at beaches, parks, etc.

ausreenactor

We got ridiculed for closing the borders when we did as an overreaction.

Choose what you read a bit more. Mainstream media are not quoting Department of Health statistics. Go to the websites.

We let in 7200 returning Australians yesterday. Our highest percentage of cases. They will be monitored by Police and Army for compliance with policy.

We have had 13 deaths in a month. All from cruise ships or overseas travel.

ausreenactor

Charming.

Maybe you've had a bad day and in a foul mood but that post was in seriously poor taste.

Calm and reasonable.

I told you that you would not like the truth! Being told I am not aware of what is going on was a stretch. Make sure you are doing the right thing and I would expect you to pounce on anyone posting jacket pics taken outdoors!

Smithy

Couchy, like Steve I think it's pointless talking about this with you.

Your last couple of posts though have proven that and then some.

Like Steve has done, you're going on my ignore list.

ausreenactor

I am happy to agree with you to appease you or give you some sense of satisfaction if that is what you are after.

Bad.

Screenshot_20200327-184741_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200327-184706_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200327-184855_Chrome.jpg

Better

Screenshot_20200327-184811_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200327-184931_Chrome.jpg

Has anyone asked what Platon is up to? Does anybody care?

ausreenactor

Southoftheborder

Since no country in the west has done the amount of testing that South Korea has relative to its population, and epidemiological modellers know that confirmed cases are a small percentage of actual infections those figures are totally meaningless. No one has any real idea how many have had the illness in a less severe form and recovered, or how many have it now and will need ventilation in the coming weeks.

In London the wave is peaking earlier and higher than expected and many, many, will die; and due to the shortage of testing facilities only patients with severe symptoms who have to be admitted to hospital are being tested. A lot of the patients presenting in the next week or so will have become infected when they didn't take it seriously and congregated in the spring sunshine as recently as last weekend before the belated lockdown. Something which also happened in Australia recently from media reports.

tjoenn

Will be interesting to see how countries with different strategies will end up (e.g. Sweden is going about this very differently than Norway). I think this will be important data for the next pandemic. Probably won't know which strategy has a better overall result for months or even years. I think there are ramifications that we haven't even thought of yet. I'll keep my personal opinion to myself as I've already experienced some rather "high-octane" feedback. :)

ausreenactor

Australia's testing is up there. With 1 to 2 per 100 testing positive. We are not testing anyone who is not symptomatic given the low percentages at present. At the moment in the USA 1 in 2 tested are positive for Covid19 (50%).

The majority will be recently returned arrivals from overseas. Our community to community infections are negligible. When Italy and the USA hit 3000 cases the proportion of community to community was much higher. The Governments tracking has been effective. We are contemplating phone tracking known Covid19 cases but the do gooders are screaming over privacy.. Pfft...

ausreenactor

Will be interesting to see how countries with different strategies will end up (e.g. Sweden is going about this very differently than Norway). I think this will be important data for the next pandemic. Probably won't know which strategy has a better overall result for months or even years. I think there are ramifications that we haven't even thought of yet. I'll keep my personal opinion to myself as I've already experienced some rather "high-octane" feedback. :)

Everyone is a little touchy....

Don't hold back though...