• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headwind Mfg Co - Covid-19 Update

Skyhawk

I hope you all all doing well and taking precautions during this extremely serious pandemic occurring worldwide. At Headwind, we have monitoring the developments daily and have been working hard to get our orders out to customers. We have completed 7 jackets recently and will be shipping those out possibly next week from our home office in the USA.

As of Monday March 23rd , we are placing our production on hold for one week to protect our workers as we re-assess the situation. We may be able to continue in a reduced level of production after that time. This will also depend on our shipping companies in our region where our jackets are made. At present time all international flights are cancelled, including commercial freight. This may change in the near future, and when it does, we will be able to resume production and shipping at that time.

My thoughts and best wishes go out to you all in these trying times. Please take care of each other wherever you may be in the world, and together we will get through this.

All The best,
Jay

Skyhawk

Yes Smithy. It was in his card companies hands as of 3/4. I attempted to refund him at that time but the money had already been taken out of my account by a charge back from the card company. I have been in contact with Burt recently, today in fact. I have sent him the documentation. There was a bit of misunderstanding here on the forum, but the funds have not been in my account since 3/4.

I appreciate your concern with the virus and wish you and your family the very best during these difficult times.

Skyhawk

As of today, 3/24, we are pausing production for 2 weeks until 4-06. At that time we will make a call on re-opening production on a limited basis. Our main concern is for our workers health at this time. When it is safe to continue production, we will be ready to roll and plan to hit the ground running.

We were able to get a lot of jackets out before the closure, so we took a big bite out of our back logged orders. Some customers will be receiving these jackets over the next 1 to 2 weeks. We are also still open to take new orders and we have received some new orders over the last week. These sales are greatly appreciated by these customers who have decided to support us despite the virus. It means the world to us and will help us stay afloat during this closure.

Looking forward to the future, we hope to catch up very soon with our orders once we get rolling again. We are working on ways of having jackets in stock for purchase with no wait. This is planned to roll out with a few models at first, and hopefully expand into all of our jacket models having at least some sizes of each in stock for immediate purchase.

Wishing you all the best. Stay home, stay healthy, stay safe!

Regards,
Jay

B-Man2

Hi
I’m posting this message here for anyone who might be interested in the outcome of the earlier posts in this thread. Today , I just checked with my credit card company and they now have a complete refund of $600.00 US from Headwind Leather Co and from Jay.
Jay also apologized for what happened and I’m good with his apology.
With all that’s going on in our respective countries right now, I know this is really insignificant, so moving on I wish Jay and his family and all of you the best in these uncertain times.
Cheers
Burt

Officer Dibley

do you require payment in full or deposits ? Bearing in mind you are now completely unable to give delivery dates ( or meet them in the past), seems reasonable to adopt the GW modus operandi of a deposit. Might steady the herd as coughing up $600 and then not knowing when you’ll see your jacket in your hands is a sure fire way of getting folks ganders up.
Also less of a an appearance of a ponzi scheme.
Protects you as well as the customer

Last edited:

Smithy

Better late than never. You did the right thing Jay refunding Burt's money and apologising.

Us punters don't expect everything to go according to plan but we expect that you'll look after us and cover our arses if problems arise on your end.

Wash your hands everyone!

Officer Dibley

15C8CB69-1059-4BFC-ACE7-D4B63183BC6B.jpeg

ausreenactor

A-2s were made during the rationing and uncertain times of WWII, I am not sure why ELC are getting roasted for keeping the machines running. There could be more PPE than a Columbian drug factory...

I am sure their are Lots of ELC customers happy with the decision.

Micawber

Rationing and uncertainty has 0 to do with it.

As a general rule bombs and bullets did not infect colleagues or follow them home to infect families, friends and random strangers on the home front.

This threat is totally different to WW2.

Smithy

Rationing and uncertainty has 0 to do with it.

As a general rule bombs and bullets did not infect colleagues or follow them home to infect families, friends and random strangers on the home front.

This threat is totally different to WW2.

I agree with Steve, trying to make serious analogies between WWII and this pandemic is just plain ridiculous and also wrong.

The reason why people are concerned with what ELC have said is because they seem to be saying they're still doing things the same way they have done until the government shuts them down. Now maybe they've got procedures in place - only one person working there at a time on the workshop floor, etc - and if so, good on them.

But if they are running the place the same as before this hit then that's bloody irresponsible and it's putting the lives of their workers, and their families and friends at risk. It would mean that as a company they're more interested in trying to make money than the well being of their workers. Pretty repugnant attitude.

Hopefully as I've said elsewhere they are being careful and have taken measures but it's not very encouraging that they haven't responded when questioned about it on Instagram.

ausreenactor

The WW2 comparion is based on the bulk of A-2 production occurring during austerity measures and personal restrictions. Keep calm and carry on!

Why can't ELC continue production? The staff would prefer to draw a wage. Do you think ELC are compromising your personal safety? I am sure your own routines and self discipline will play a great deal in how you all whether the storm. I feel for those living in Europe. Our risk is tied to Australian travellers returning from Europe and those they infect upon return. The apathy and arrogance of those returning has cost the country greatly. The current and future unemployment will have long lasting effects. Any business that can remain functional should. Retail is risky; however, manufacturing is a must. We have lost our car makers and our electrical appliance makers. We are reliant on China. If ELC can get something back out of China even better.

Are Aero paying all staff wages indefinitely? I could not imagine so.

If given a choice to work the majority of those put out of work would.

Those most critical of price increases at ELC are the consistent posters here...

Will take a look on TFL. If people are pushing opinions on two forums there is always an agenda....

Smithy

If people are pushing opinions on two forums there is always an agenda....

Calm down, there's no conspiracy going on and no agendas.

Nobody here has said ELC can't remain open. I, along with some other people are interested to hear what safety measures they've taken if they remain open. Fair question and one which they seem reticent to answer for some reason.

It's a highly infectious virus - 3 times more so than common flu - and it can be spread by coughing, sneezing, physical contact and nastily physical contact with contaminated surfaces and objects. That's why in a lot of places non essential businesses have closed or been asked to.

Micawber

The WW2 comparision is spurious. During WW2 manufacturing workers were not running the risk of being infected by, or infecting, their colleagues with what appears to be a nasty virus that has no effective antiviral medication at present. Those WW2 workers were therefore not carriers for said virus capable of spreading same among their family and community. Spreading infection increases load on already overstretched healthcare and other services.

If present day employees are essential workers or engaged in healthcare then there services are required. If they are engaged in making non essential luxury goods they are not and are better off at home where risks of infection or acting as a carrier are minimal.

Simple really.