• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headwind Goldsmith

B-Man2

What's especially despicable is Jay was on here just recently touting his Church M422a reproduction, so effectively asking others to cough up the cash when Cabbie has been waiting 2 years for his jacket.

I know there's people around here who love to make excuses for people but that just doesn't cut the mustard. If you take someone's money and don't deliver in a reasonable or pre agreed timeframe, that's theft, pure and bloody simple.

Jay is a complete wanker for doing this.

Not that it makes any difference what someone's job is, but Cabbie is a taxi driver, he's not an international corporate merger lawyer with 15 Ferraris and money to burn so I imagine spending this kind of money is a big undertaking for him, he can't just write it off.

Shame on Jay for fucking over a fellow member. This kind of thing is never right no matter what the excuse.
There’s an interesting dynamic going on here and I can’t seem to wrap my head around it . This forum went bat shit crazy when Heisenburg scammed a guy here out of his jacket , but there doesn’t seem to a similar type of outrage and demand for compensation for Stu (Cabbie) over losing his money after two years of waiting and not receiving so much as an email…..no jacket, nothing. Did I miss something here???

Last edited:

Smithy

There’s an interesting dynamic going on here and I can’t seem to wrap my head around it . This forum went bat shit crazy when Heisenburg scammed a guy here out of his jacket , but I don’t seem to see a similar type of outrage and demand for compensation over Stu (Cabbie) losing his money after two years of waiting and receiving nothing. Did I miss something here???

Double standards Burt. Pure and simple.

There should be no distinction whatsoever. Ripping someone off or taking their money and not delivering what you said you would is theft

Micawber

There’s an interesting dynamic going on here and I can’t seem to wrap my head around it . This forum went bat shit crazy when Heisenburg scammed a guy here out of his jacket , but I don’t seem to see a similar type of outrage and demand for compensation for Stu (Cabbie) over losing his money after two years of waiting and not receiving so much as an email…..no jacket, nothing. Did I miss something here???

I agree Burt, overlooking such business practices is very strange.

London Cabbie

Thanks for your understanding. If this was not me, and Jay had ripped someone else off then I would be feeling the same way. A big part of the forum has been trust in other people’s experience and knowledge of Vintage Leather Jackets. I trusted Jay and all along have been extremely patient and polite. He let himself down and I and my family are out of pocket. I told him this in an earlier email and he seemed upset and promised to finish my jacket…
I am now going down the legal route.
Thanks for understanding but this is to get Jay banned and highlighted as a liar and thief. This is just on the forum. How many have handed over money via his web page.?

Last edited:

bseal

There’s an interesting dynamic going on here and I can’t seem to wrap my head around it . This forum went bat shit crazy when Heisenburg scammed a guy here out of his jacket , but there doesn’t seem to a similar type of outrage and demand for compensation for Stu (Cabbie) over losing his money after two years of waiting and not receiving so much as an email…..no jacket, nothing. Did I miss something here???

Well, yeah… Heisenberg actually received a free jacket, and a Good Wear at that.

Jay got just plain ole money, probably not nearly enough to buy a Good Wear.

However, if Jay can still get a few new orders in, he’s got a real fighting chance to order a Knopf from John.

Someone might be playing the long game. See, with the Knopf in hand, albeit about two years later on, one could imagine a posting such as, “I told you we were making this rare contract.”

Happy to assist in rather poorly connecting the dots on this one. You did ask, and I needed a pastime.

- Columbo

Last edited:

ausreenactor

I think that ordering anything is fraught with some 'risk'. Have only ever bought new from ELC and BK in the early days. Platon was awesome...

Now. I splash out on the jackets I see, with known colour, patina, knits and any wear. Pay and play in the time it takes to arrive.

Smithy

The problem with Jay's business model appears to be that he was effectively robbing Peter to pay Paul. In other words to pay to make orders he received he was relying on new orders to cover those costs of existing orders. That's never a good way to run a business because if something happens which impacts incoming orders (COVID-19 is a perfect example) all of a sudden you don't have the funds to cover production costs of the orders you already have. Economics 101 here but that's generally the reason start ups require initial capital to cover establishment and starting production costs until the business attains financial viability.

However you choose your business model it still means that if someone gives you money for one of your products and services then you either have to provide it or refund their money. To not do so is theft.

@London Cabbie have you heard from Jay since you told us about this or is he still ignoring you? After this long if it was me I'd be pursuing the legal route. If you don't get your jacket soon or a refund, and even though you're in the UK I know that the authorities in the particular state that the business is run from would be very interested to hear about what has gone on. This is unfortunately not the first time this kind of thing has gone on and I know that in other cases law enforcement and legal parties were brought into play.

Sad if it comes to that but then again the cold hard truth is someone has taken your money which as we all know is theft, pure and simple.

ausreenactor

There is still a small expectation that the jacket will be forthcoming.

People line up for a two year wait with JC.

It all comes down to integrity and communication.

Jay needs to be forthright and stump up the refund or an explanation.

Heisenberg is just the lowest form of life in the planet.

Would put my faith in Jay ten times before dealing with Heisenberg. He is an outright fraudulent and narcissistic individual.

Smithy

There is still a small expectation that the jacket will be forthcoming.

People line up for a two year wait with JC.

It all comes down to integrity and communication.

Jay needs to be forthright and stump up the refund or an explanation.

Heisenberg is just the lowest form of life in the planet.

Would put my faith in Jay ten times before dealing with Heisenberg. He is an outright fraudulent and narcissistic individual.

Problem is that Jay fucked over Burt last year and without any kind of remorse - even to the point of "banning" Burt from ever buying another Headwind jacket, all because Burt wanted his money back after a year of waiting and being given the run around.

Heisenberg was a first class prick no doubt about it Couchy but Jay is very close to confirming he's a slimy, little bastard who takes the odd poor bugger's money without giving them what they paid for or a refund.

The whole thing with Cabbie pisses me off right royally. The guy is a taxi driver so not exactly made of money so stumping up for the kinds of repros we like around here is no doubt a big thing for him. To then get shafted by someone who is "one of us" is even worse.

Jay if you're reading this - which I'm sure you are but don't have the stones to be a man and face the music and come on here and give an explanation - give Cabbie his money back or give him the jacket he ordered toot sweet. It's been 2 years, get your shit together and do the right thing. It would take you under 5 minutes to issue a refund online. Not exactly taxing in terms of effort especially after having the other bloke's money for 2 years.

ausreenactor

Problem is that Jay fucked over Burt last year and without any kind of remorse - even to the point of "banning" Burt from ever buying another Headwind jacket, all because Burt wanted his money back after a year of waiting and being given the run around.

Heisenberg was a first class prick no doubt about it Couchy but Jay is very close to confirming he's a slimy, little bastard who takes the odd poor bugger's money without giving them what they paid for or a refund.

The whole thing with Cabbie pisses me off right royally. The guy is a taxi driver so not exactly made of money so stumping up for the kinds of repros we like around here is no doubt a big thing for him. To then get shafted by someone who is "one of us" is even worse.

Jay if you're reading this - which I'm sure you are but don't have the stones to be a man and face the music and come on here and give an explanation - give Cabbie his money back or give him the jacket he ordered toot sweet. It's been 2 years, get your shit together and do the right thing. It would take you under 5 minutes to issue a refund online. Not exactly taxing in terms of effort especially after having the other bloke's money for 2 years.

I agree with you.

The refunds should be happening... long ago.

No excuse for it if that is what has been demanded.

Smithy

B-Man2

My sympathies go out to anyone who’s struggling trying to stay afloat during these crazy times . But I have to ask the obvious question . Why is Headwind still advertising to take orders on his website and on EBay if he’s struggling and not delivering on the orders he’s already taken a year or two ago ?

Smithy

My sympathies go out to anyone who’s struggling trying to stay afloat during these crazy times . But I have to ask the obvious question . Why is Headwind still advertising to take orders on his website and on EBay if he struggling and not delivering on the orders he’s already taken a year or two ago ?

Exactly Burt.

I lost heaps of money and my job from Covid. I didn't start a Gofundme page, I had to pull my finger out and work twice as hard, and even take a job I wasn't keen on.

Sometimes life kicks you in the nuts, when it does you need to work even harder.

And Jay, stop being an arsehole and give Cabbie his money back.