• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HEADS UP LVC Valencia St fans

airfrogusmc

Dejan scored some old NWTs 555 Valencia St made 1947 501s. Even have large waist sizes. And if you wear a 38 waist in most LVCs I would highly recommend you getting a 40 in these which he will have.
Here what was in an e-mail I got from him
Comming soon:
1947 501xx made on Valencia Street, San Francisco, California
This wonderful item will be available within the next 7-14 days in these sizes:

28/34 - 30/38 - 32/36 - 34/40 - 40/38
29/34 - 31/32 - 32/40 - 36/32 - 42/34
29/36 - 31/34 - 33/38 - 36/38 - 42/36
30/32 - 31/36 - 33/40 - 36/40
30/36 - 31/38 - 34/38 - 40/34

A

Anonymous

HI AIRFROG THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP YOUR MOST KIND. ANY IDEA ON THE PRICE ,I THINK I WILL GET A PAIR .RGDS JEFF .

Swing

I was going to go with a 40, since I like my size 38 '44s and both jeans should have a 39" waist. But, I bought the 44s to fit, have been wearing them raw, and I'm a little concerned about how much they're going to shrink when I soak them this summer. So, I asked that a pair of 42s be set aside for me. They start at 41", should shrink down to 38" or 39" and stretch to 40".

~Swing

airfrogusmc

Swing said:
I was going to go with a 40, since I like my size 38 '44s and both jeans should have a 39" waist. But, I bought the 44s to fit, have been wearing them raw, and I'm a little concerned about how much they're going to shrink when I soak them this summer. So, I asked that a pair of 42s be set aside for me. They start at 41", should shrink down to 38" or 39" and stretch to 40".

~Swing

Yeah I've got dejan grab'n me a pair of 42 waist also. I had a pair of earlier not 555 47 501s in a 38 and they shrank to much like down to a 35 waist so I sold'm. I have a pair of 47s aize 38 from early last year and the fit snug. Much looser than the earlier ones. The 42 should be great....

Happy Hooligan

I have 2 pair of 47's both 555 both started at 38x38 one is now a 35 waist and the other is a 36.

How do you tell the year they were made?

airfrogusmc

Happy Hooligan said:
I have 2 pair of 47's both 555 both started at 38x38 one is now a 35 waist and the other is a 36.

How do you tell the year they were made?

HH should be on the leg tag...

airfrogusmc

Happy Hooligan said:
is it in a code? I don't see a plain year, unless I'm missing it...

Its in the code...And it changes from year to year but most of the 555 LVCs were similar to this
Insidelabel-1.jpg

and the code to the bottom right read 1100 which would be Nov 2000.

And heres a label from Spring 05
S1 05
Insidelabel.jpg

Swing

airfrogusmc said:
And heres a label from Spring 05
S1 05
Insidelabel.jpg

All my LVC jeans have this style lable. I'll have to check them when I get home and see when they were made. What does the WPL-423 stand for? The factory they were made in? I know all my LVCs have that number on them.

~Swing

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Swing said:
What does the WPL-423 stand for? The factory they were made in? I know all my LVCs have that number on them.

Wool Products Label number.

It identifies Levi Straus as the garment manufacturer.

Swing

deeb7 said:
Swing said:
What does the WPL-423 stand for? The factory they were made in? I know all my LVCs have that number on them.

Looked at my jeans while home at lunch time, and figured the 423 wasn't a factory number.

Looks like the 33s are from 07, the 44s from spring 08, and they were made at factory 643M?

~Swing

Doug C

deeb7 wrote:
Yep, I recently (the other day) realized that everything Levis has this code on it, not just LVC. But didn't know what exactly the letters stood for, thanks. ... but are you sure it's not "world" instead of "wool" ?

Doug C

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Doug C said:
... but are you sure it's not "world" instead of "wool" ?

11) What is a WPL number?

Many years ago, WPL numbers were issued by the FTC to companies manufacturing wool products subject to the Wool Products Labeling Act. We no longer issue WPL numbers, but many are still in use. They are used in the same manner as RN numbers.

Federal Trade Commission website

Doug C

..well then smart guy, why doesn't Woolrich have such a number? :lol: [with a sudden straight face] just kidd' of course ;)
Doug C