• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBT UTILITY TROUSERS

ausreenactor

Camo up!

1590702757555471867931577167803.jpg

Cocker

Personally, and this is not a comment about, just a choice, I don't wear military pants with my military jackets. It feel too dressed up and I prefer jeans but those HBT are really nice...

I just wanted to rbounce on that. For 99.5% of the people, our military jackets are just leather jacket, nothing more, nothing less. Same for the trousers, if they are not camouflaged and/or have big baggy pockets on the side, they are just trousers to a vast majority of people. So I don't mind about it too much :)

As a matter of fact, I'm wearing my WPG M1937 trousers with a Sun Surf aloha shirt today!

Dany McDonald

just wanted to rbounce on that. For 99.5% of the people, our military jackets are just leather jacket, nothing more, nothing less. Same for the trousers, if they are not camouflaged and/or have big baggy pockets on the side, they are just trousers to a vast majority of people. So I don't mind about it too much

Hey Cocker,

I agree that most people can't correctly identify original OD combat trousers from G-star or The Gap olive green cargo pants, that's for a look or fashion, and it's fine!

My interest in military garments is stimulated on many levels (Confection, material, color, history, time frame...) and I have a personal no cross zone on many levels too, it's just me, no judgement.

That being said, I found some first pattern HBT on rakuten from Buzz.

@Grant what do you think of these, close to originals?

Thanx,
Dany

ausreenactor

Not everyone has to be a Marine.

ATF have first pattern.. (slightly more subtle) HBTs on special right now. I was going to grab another pair but the shipping leapt beyond US$100..

Pitter patter....

Grant

I agree with Cocker, most people could care less about our jackets or what we're wearing, and freely admit I'm a geek preferring wearing vintage (old) clothes. Sooo, if I'm going to wear repro stuff, generally I like to get as close as possible to the originals.

Cocker

I agree with Cocker, most people could care less about our jackets or what we're wearing, and freely admit I'm a geek preferring wearing vintage (old) clothes. Sooo, if I'm going to wear repro stuff, generally I like to get as close as possible to the originals.

Amen on that!

zoomer

I also get the odd look when wearing my Buzz chinos as the fashion is pretty taper or skinny.
:mad: Men should NOT give men odd looks just because their pants are big! Not unless the waist is down around your butt, and you've got an MLB cap with the brim flatter than a smokey cover and a friggn PRICE TAG on it.

As it is, they're just jealous that you are comfortable while they're packing their a**es into tight pants, all because of a bunch of skinny men who (nttawwt) like looking at boyish figures.

Last edited:

B-Man2

:mad: Men should NOT give men odd looks just because their pants are big! Not unless the waist is down around your butt, and you've got an MLB cap with the brim flatter than a smokey cover and a friggn PRICE TAG on it.

As it is, they're just jealous that you are comfortable while they're packing their a**es into tight pants, all because of a bunch of skinny men who (nttawwt) like looking at boyish figures.
C'mon Zoom......don't hold back..tell us how you really feel about it! :D ;)

Wedge417

To get back on track, I've been trying to look for any HBT repro reviews and comparison, but surprisingly there aren't so many comparative reviews.
I have managed to find a few brands that produce repros: SMW, BUZZ, RLMC, WWIIImp, ATF.

As I haven't got any original US HBT I can't really compare, but I own a pair of BUZZ USMC HBT trouser. How do the other brands compare? Some re-enactors have complained that SMW and ATF's quality is non linear and somewhat inaccurate (shade for SMW and length for ATF.)

An ARMY HBT utility shirt from WWiiimpressions is on its way I'll assess if it is worth all the praise.

CBI

when my USMC HBT pants arrived from SM Wholesale, they looked totally like originals. Just perfect.................. they were kind of stone washed or whatever they do, looked/felt awesome.

Wedge417

when my USMC HBT pants arrived from SM Wholesale, they looked totally like originals. Just perfect.................. they were kind of stone washed or whatever they do, looked/felt awesome.
Thank you this is very helpful. Most of the info I find is outdated, a few videos or reviews from over 3 years ago. I am sure most of the brands I mentioned have heard the feedback and updated their production.

How to the SMW pants size? I find the buzz Rickson are a bit tight on the seat.