• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hats to wear with your flight jacket

JonnyCrow

What Hats do you have to wear with your flight jacket ?
Maybe an Australian hat or an Indiana Jones hat? Won't it look old fashioned? I have a hat Jeep cap, but it's for cold weather :rolleyes:

I love my jeep cap, I also have 2 mechanic caps and a vintage fedora
FaceApp_1669118177312.jpg

Smithy

As a point to note guys, suspenders were classed as underwear haha hence the creation of a vest :D but this was summer in Madrid, hot ;)

If you can wear heavyweight denim during a Spanish summer my hat goes off to you Jonny ;)

I personally would melt. I could never wear denim in Melbourne over summer - 40+ degrees and denim don't mix, unlike 40+ degrees and swimming pools and ice cold beer.

JonnyCrow

If you can wear heavyweight denim during a Spanish summer my hat goes off to you Jonny ;)

I personally would melt. I could never wear denim in Melbourne over summer - 40+ degrees and denim don't mix, unlike 40+ degrees and swimming pools and ice cold beer.
It was late summer Smithy but still warm, let me give you a idea, it's nearly December and today is 58f haha I stayed a lot in the shade though, peak summer was 46c :eek: I'm guessing was about 30c still a tad warm, it was our medieval yearly market, feel for the guys doing the reenactment and jousting in armour next to the palace ooof

Smithy

It was late summer Smithy but still warm, let me give you a idea, it's nearly December and today is 58f haha I stayed a lot in the shade though, peak summer was 46c :eek: I'm guessing was about 30c still a tad warm, it was our medieval yearly market, feel for the guys doing the reenactment and jousting in armour next to the palace ooof

Once you start getting over 35 it starts getting uncomfortable, over 40 bloody awful. We hit 47 or 48 during Black Saturday with the bushfires back in 2009 but the scariest was the ambient temperature was that but it was blowing a gale and the wind was even hotter. Never experienced that before and never want to again.

Problem with Oz with when it gets seriously warm is all the snakes and insects start moving around more too.

JonnyCrow

Once you start getting over 35 it starts getting uncomfortable, over 40 bloody awful. We hit 47 or 48 during Black Saturday with the bushfires back in 2009 but the scariest was the ambient temperature was that but it was blowing a gale and the wind was even hotter. Never experienced that before and never want to again.

Problem with Oz with when it gets seriously warm is all the snakes and insects start moving around more too.
Jeez yeah we had our fair share of fires and drought this year, :( one fire wiped out a national park full of rare flora and fauna, different life from me raised in the cold north of England

Smithy

Jeez yeah we had our fair share of first and drought this year, :( one fire wiped out a national park full of rare flora and fauna, different life from me raised in the cold north of England

Black Saturday was the worst weather thing I have experienced, just horrific and the only time that I have ever felt a wind warmer than the ambient temperature and in such hot conditions.

The radiant heat from the fire fronts was so hot that gum trees were exploding into flame 250 metres in front of the actual fire. And it was moving so fast because of the wind that people couldn't outrun it even in a car - I'll never forget those horrific photos of burnt out cars with people inside them who couldn't drive fast enough to beat the fire.