• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hartmann or Luftwaffe repros...Repros or pure inventions...

Shawn Ali

Hi Dear @Pilot

Very Nice Thread also much helpful regarding Hartman Jackets history and information, In the past I made some repro's of this jacket but I want to make this with more authenticity, I am looking for the front closing buckle specific design for this jacket, Can anyone inform me from where I can find a source to procure these.

Any Help will be much appreciated.

Best Regards

Shawn

Pilot

As far as I am aware, the french artisan makes the buckles by himself and does the chrome plating as well. None can tell the difference from WW2 originals.
The ELC ( made out of stainless = historically incorrect ) ones look like crapola if compared to those.

Shawn Ali

As far as I am aware, the french artisan makes the buckles by himself and does the chrome plating as well. None can tell the difference from WW2 originals.
The ELC ( made out of stainless = historically incorrect ) ones look like crapola if compared to those.
Dear Mr. @Pilot

Thanks for the information, so currently no active source of these buckles, But its a good idea to make them in stainless.

Best Regards

Shawn

Shawn Ali

Originals are not SS but chrome plated magnetic iron.
Hi Dear Mr. @Pilot

please find the attached images of the buckle we try to made them accordingly

Best Regards

Shawn

Buckle1.jpg
Buckle2.jpg

littlefirend

@Pilot

Hi, I have just discovered some of your thread about vintage German pilot leather jackets and I find your articles very fascinating. Would it possible to contact you?

Greetings!

Johnnie Espresso

Hello all,

why use a copy! here you buy originals! not cheap but original!
he sale also prophete and eclaire zippers... its a frnch dealer..regards oli

these are really nice, i got one and had it fitted to my repro black Hartmann Jacket. They`re not magnetic, though, as i thought they were supposed to be.

IMG_20220404_095237.jpg
IMG_20220404_095222.jpg