Hartmann or Luftwaffe repros...Repros or pure inventions...

Discussion in 'General Flight Jacket Discussion' started by Pilot, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Bombing IP

Bombing IP Well-Known Member

Pilot I would also be interested in one of these jackets could I get the info also .

Rgds BIP

2. Swedish_Pilot

Swedish_Pilot New Member

Hi!
    It's a really great jacket!
    I'm planning to tailor make a "Hartmann" jacket and I wonder if you please could tell me the width or length of the two chest zippers?

Best regards,
    Swedish_Pilot

3. Earloffunk

Earloffunk Well-Known Member

My latest acquisition:
    GcMXg%RUQqS%TqwoxQRtJg.jpg

(still have my peace of mind with the Bronco but I always wanted one of these)

4. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Earl......buddy.......Pal .....I hate to be the one that always keeps asking, but if you don’t tell us what maker it is , and we really like the jacket , we’ll never know where to look for one.
    BTW .... it looks great on you . You nailed the fit!!

Earloffunk likes this.
  5. Earloffunk

:D

Post no. 16

6. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Earl
    So this is the jacket that came from Pilots jacket maker?
    Or did I miss a posting?

7. Earloffunk

Absolutely correct.

My jacket was made by the same maker.

If you want I can pm you the contact details.

B-Man2 likes this.
  8. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Earl
    That would be great ..
    Thank you!

9. Enigma1938

Enigma1938 Member

What price range we're talking about? I would love to get the contact details too but when the jackets are in a current ELC price range I'm out.

10. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Well-Known Member

Wow!

Perfect fitting jacket ...

Would be interested in what kinda pricerange we are ...

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

My experience...
    800 Euro for ex-stock test jackets...if available...( only small frame test jackets available... if still so...)
    Made on order : 1200 +++ Euro... Waiting list for larger than 42“ chest : 11-12 months after full payment.
    But feel free to ask directly...
    Shipping goes extra... no Paypal only IBAN ... the last according to an add. on TFL..

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    Earloffunk likes this.
  12. Earloffunk

Been thinking about the "French cyclist jackets" being used by the Luftwaffe pilots and a question came to my mind: how did the guys on the eastern front get their jackets? Not all pilots went to France during their career before being deployed somewhere else.

13. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

It was organised by friends or family...
    Besides some "Kaufhäuser" "Warenhäuser" the very few "malls" also had them available since purchased from French makers ...same as for other French made products...Cognac, wines etc...

14. Earloffunk

Thanks - makes sense.

You see I have no idea about the simple things in life back then (not to mention the not so easy things...)

Pilot likes this.
  15. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

You are too modest...

Earloffunk likes this.
  16. Earloffunk

No, its true. I have never had any interest in everyday (civilian) life in that era - but thinking about how people got along then seems to be worth some research. Sadly my grandparents never told any stories about that time. The only things they said was how hard it was to make a living (in general, no details). Well they told me some short episodes like how they met and what it was like to be a POW - but again: no details just general statements. I guess I should go and ask my grandmothers while I still can... My grandfathers also never really wanted to talk about their time in the military: one was a fighter pilot very late in the war and when they ran out of fighters he did some ground combat . The other one was taken POW in Italy but never really talked about this time too much - just how he regrets he and his squad had been captured because he did not take care that their hiding place (don't know the correct term - its not a "Gruppennest") was kept secret (the Brits found them because they had left wound dressings on the path that was close to their hiding place).

Pilot likes this.
  17. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Wow!
    "Gruppennest" : Hideout

18. Southoftheborder

Southoftheborder Active Member

Not talking about the war - if you forgive the Fawlty Towers reference - was pretty common an all sides. My father hardly said anything about his war time service until it all caught up with him in the seventies. Then he suddenly broke down and was told he had delayed PTSD after decades of suppression. He was told that catharsis would help him deal with the memories and that was when he started to open up. It wasn't exactly a surprise though as often acted like a raving madman in the years after the war when I was a small child.

You should ask your grandmother. I regret not talking more to my mother and aunts about the past. When they're dead and gone it's too late.

Earloffunk and Pilot like this.