• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hartmann or Luftwaffe repros...Repros or pure inventions...

Asterix77

“Hartmann “ Luftwaffe repro ...View attachment 15802 View attachment 15801 View attachment 15800 Hartmann repro made by a little french artisan...View attachment 15799 Just found this one, wanted to show it, since I see lot on crapbay and elswhere about so- called Luftwaffe or so called Hartmann vests ( originals all private purchases sure...but nowadays “fakes” = lousy copies or inventions at best...are so off tracks, one can wonder whether those “inventors” ever saw a photo or an original....from the 30ies/40ies...)
Found this repro which I really like...looks 100% like my WW2 originals...by all means. It has like the WW2 ones...: Cotton thread, nickel brass Eclair zips , ( no molded Swiss RiRi or YKK or others) , D- rings waist adjusters, chrome plated magnetic front buckle ( no funny stainless steel buckle), wooden pocket flap buttons, coton/blanket liner, most importantly the right proportion of pockets via torso, no breast or back seams....& last but not least ...no handwarmers.
Hi Pilot! thanks for sharing your jacket. All the history behinf is also fascinating. I was wondering if you could also please be so kind of sharing the contact details of the french artisan.
Best wishes!

mulceber

Hi Pilot! thanks for sharing your jacket. All the history behinf is also fascinating. I was wondering if you could also please be so kind of sharing the contact details of the french artisan.
Best wishes!
IIRC, the French artisan has retired and @Pilot bought out his business. If you want to get a Hartmann/FC/LW jacket, Pilot's THE guy. I don't know of anyone out there right now who's making this style of jacket at that level.