• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hangers - Which Is Best? - Opinions Please

Pugsley

Ages ago my sister stopped at my place to change while on her way to a wedding. She left behind a pink, padded hanger, complete with bow. My Schott's been hanging on it ever since. Goofy as it seemed, it still appeared a better hanger for a valued jacket.

I'll have to pick up a few more.

Officer Dibley

Best hangers you can find ....

E210E907-BD73-4E79-9101-799A085C9374.jpeg

Or am i misunderstanding the question :D

adfrost

I just ordered these recently and I’m pretty happy with them. They’re high quality and thicker than a standard hanger, but not thick as a standard jacket hanger.

As for creases...I had my Aero M-422a hanging on a standard hanger for the better part of 10 years and for better or worse, it looks the same as the day I got it. So...yeah. I do like the look of the Aero hangers though.

Vivi&Stitch - Coat Hangers Wooden, 4 Pack Walnut Hangers, Wood Suit Hanger with Wide Shoulder, High-Grade, 360° Swivel Hook, Heavy Duty Clothes Hangers for Suits, Jacket with Swivel Hook https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WZDLM3M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_5xliEbPD34VFC

CoopDog

As for creases...I had my Aero M-422a hanging on a standard hanger for the better part of 10 years and for better or worse, it looks the same as the day I got it.

Some complain about "creases," some complain their jackets are not weathered or broken in enough, and some just throw their jackets on the floor. A lot of diverse opinions on this site.

B-Man2

Some complain about "creases," some complain their jackets are not weathered or broken in enough, and some just throw their jackets on the floor. A lot of diverse opinions on this site.
Look at it this way, with all of the different opinions .......some of the time, some of us get it right..... most of the time, most of us get it right, but hardly ever, do all of
us get it wrong.
Now having said that, what is really interesting is that I would be willing to bet that none of the pilots or A2 jacket wearing crew EVER, treated their jackets the way we do today.
That’s right .... no fancy padded hangers, no wearing them in dry weather only, no Pecards treatments. But they did throw them around , hang them from the leather strip coat hanger, inside the jacket, sleep in them and use them for pillows on occasion, and wear them in the rain, snow and mud . Of course .., they never had to pay $800.- $1000.US for their jackets either. :D

A2 B3au

I just ordered these recently and I’m pretty happy with them. They’re high quality and thicker than a standard hanger, but not thick as a standard jacket hanger.

As for creases...I had my Aero M-422a hanging on a standard hanger for the better part of 10 years and for better or worse, it looks the same as the day I got it. So...yeah. I do like the look of the Aero hangers though.

Vivi&Stitch - Coat Hangers Wooden, 4 Pack Walnut Hangers, Wood Suit Hanger with Wide Shoulder, High-Grade, 360° Swivel Hook, Heavy Duty Clothes Hangers for Suits, Jacket with Swivel Hook https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WZDLM3M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_5xliEbPD34VFC

View attachment 30620
I use those on a few Bs and the aero wooden ones on my A2s whilst B3s on the wider ones
image.jpg
image.jpg

A2 B3au

I wish Eastman still offered those cardboard jacket storage system, perfect for the B3s: I’ll prob build sanc similar out of ply this summer

Micawber

Years ago one liberated quite a number of wooden hangers from a rather refined gentleman's outfitters. Unlike many these have quite a forward curve from the "neck" to the shoulders and are much kinder to suite, jackets, coats etc. After all, unless we are at attention, our neck and shoulders are not in a dead straight line when looking down from above are they.

Smithy

Chuck 'em on the floor.

Well at least the heavy ones. Forget about trying to hang an Irvin or other heavy sheepskin jacket, hangers will bugger up the shoulders over time because the weight of the jacket will make deformities from the weight of the jacket pulling down on the hanger. Same with heavy flying coats and heavy weight FQHH, chuck it on the floor or even stuffed up in a corner, it'll be happier than on a hanger.

Light weight things like A-2s are fine on hangers so long as they're wide enough and the ends are rounded and that's really if they're going to be on a hanger for a long period of time. At the same time don't bloody freak out about putting your A-2 on a thin wire, shitty hanger when you visit someone/somewhere, a few hours on something like that it's going to bugger your precious jacket up forever and ever and make it completely unwearable.

ButteMT61

Those wooden hangers (not that brand(s) in particular) are crap. All of the ones I've bought over the years for heavy jackets (mind you, heavy and big) have all broken. The metal pieces are threaded and not nearly a big enough thread to hold. Someone needs to take this design and make them like they mean it. The design is fine, the implementation on all I've bought suck. Either that or have the hold go all the way through and thread the ends with a cap (nut). Otherwise you end up with a pile of overpriced kindling...just my 2¢ from years of trying them. Now I place under the bed on the floor - inside of breathable bags to avoid dust/moths.

billwong

So happy with them. $25 CND for 6 hangers

Attachments

• 414+uVONhrL._SY90_.jpg
    414+uVONhrL._SY90_.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 248