• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Had-to-have BR MA-1 with line crewman liner

Rutger

Been on the lookout for a BR with the line crewman theme. Their G-1 woulda been too.....conspicuous? Which is exactly what was its purpose of course.
Like the red Northrop Scorpion MA-1 this type MA-1 may never have existed, but a similar jacket (G-1) was around back then, though not particularly well known as it wasn't a flight jacket. Years ago, I've seen a couple black-and-white pictures of the checkered cloth line crewman jacket in action, but a not-so-long search didn't bring them up.
As usual top quality jacket, warm, well-fitting, classic, cool, you name it.
Since all my BR jackets have the black tag in the neck I was surprised not to find it, but then I realized this is a late era version with the white tag in the left pocket.

Seller from Japan was quick with shipping (one week exactly - shipments from the UK often take two weeks or more to cross the North Sea) and thankfully this one didn't get hit by customs.

s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600a.jpg
s-l1600 (4).jpg

Line crewman jacket 2.JPG

Line crewman jacket.JPG

Attachments

• s-l1600 (5).jpg
    s-l1600 (5).jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 160