• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hacking?

Cobblers161

Hi Guys,

I have just received an email with the following text:

Hello,

The account owned by "Amir" has been deactivated or newly created, you
should check the details of this user (if required) and handle it
appropriately.

Use this link to view the user's profile:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5275

Use this link to activate the account:

ucp.php?mode=activate&u=5275&k= "Edited link"

--
The Dead Horse Society

Any ideas? I have no idea who Amir is btw.

Best,

Cobblers

Steve27752

Cobblers161 said:
Hi Guys,

I have just received an email with the following text:

Hello,

appropriately.

ucp.php?mode=activate&u=5275&k= "Edited link"

--
The Dead Horse Society

Any ideas? I have no idea who Amir is btw.

Best,

Cobblers

I have it as well.

dujardin

mee too

just receive

----------------------------

[email protected]

16:59 (Il y a 45 minutes)

à dujardin

Hello,

appropriately.

ucp.php?mode=activate&u=5275&k=T62D1GWN

---------------------------------

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....

a2jacketpatches

DON'T OPEN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JUST TOOOOOO WEIRD AND NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE.

Opening may allow a hack into your email. About a month or two ago, this happened to me and someone out there listed bulk Iphones on my Ebay. They sold to a guy in Russia. Over a grand into my Paypal. I wasn't sure what they were trying to accomplish because there was no attempt to take anything, but Ebay assured me it was a scam and that they were probably trying to get deeper into my acounts. I reported immediately and changed all passwords on everything, but this is because I had already ley them in by opening an email without thinking. Ebay said it's extremely likely that they got into my account by hacking into my email.

dujardin

that's what i did everytime i receive a doubtful mail
never open and directly place into trash, and than destroy

and by this never any trouble

Andrew

I have it too. So Bill do you think we need to do anything other than delete it?

Skip

slightly off topic, but I notice there are now ones that look real and have an unsubscribe 'link', don't ever use that option or click on any link. They look legit, but most times the email address they use is a give away for spam. as mentioned above, delete or spam box it.

Jason

That same email landed in my inbox too. Good thing I only user webmail to read mail. No nasty scripts to execute in an email client. But it seems that something had become compromised somewhere for all of us to get that same email

Atticus

Jason said:
That same email landed in my inbox too. Good thing I only user webmail to read mail. No nasty scripts to execute in an email client. But it seems that something had become compromised somewhere for all of us to get that same email
Yep.. I got it too. But it had flunked the smell test my antivirus software gives to every incoming email so I just deleted it.

AF

bfrench

Administrator
Hi, Guys,

Please delete these messages - they were sent by the forum by mistake - they should have been sent to only the mods.

The problem has been fixed (I hope)

If you receive any others please let me know.

John Lever

Atticus said:
Jason said:

I opened my mail and followed the link. I am now the proud owner of a dacha in Moscow. I plan to visit soon to see my football team in action flying via my own airline