• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ha ha ....you have to laugh....

taikonaut

SJW vegans is trying to push through laws to increase taxes on meats and animal products to force consumers away. Leather jackets will only go up in price from now on and may one day carry a health warning to think of all the animal slaughtered for our escapist vanity:eek:

johnwayne

Just looked at Real McCoys site and yes some really nice different gear but prices that make me wonder how much they might sell on any given day to keep a store in a premium site like Covent Garden going? Ludicrously expensive.

D97x7

Confession
I bought a pair of their ridiculously priced sweat pants at Christmas, they're very nice. What I also noticed was how quickly they sold out, so somebody apart from me must be buying.

saucerfiend

Confession
I bought a pair of their ridiculously priced sweat pants at Christmas, they're very nice. What I also noticed was how quickly they sold out, so somebody apart from me must be buying.
What could they charge for sweat pants?

saucerfiend

You know … the funny thing is that by just wearing it, there is no indication it's a "Real Mc Coy's" B-3. No emblem or anything. Unless, you're going to carry your receipt and show it to everyone who admires it. So, who's going to know. Hardcore Japanese collectors only.

Ken at Aero Leather

Sorry John I also missed a key point in your original post. Just how do Aero’s compare against all the other leading repro companies. More and more I’m feeling Aero are by a country mile the best value repro around and the latest jackets look the mutts nuts but the “jacket elite” seem to not have noticed from my view of the world and I just don’t know why? And that recent Irvin that S4rmark (sorry if I’ve remembered the name wrongly) has got looks fantastic too!

Not wishing to piss on McCoys parade but when you ask this sort of £££ you ask for your workmanship to be looked at properly
I'll guarantee that the sewing on an Aero B-3 will be better than on the B-3 pictured
Justy look at the wobble and crumpling on the zipper, not fitted tightly enough, a common error not only on McCoy,usually with Crown zippers.
The sewing on the yoke across the back is horrible, the waistband stitching isn't that good either

Not the sort of finish Aero's lads would be happy with

Dubpynchon

Micawber

Smithy

Ridiculously overpriced. In fact stupidly so. Inaccurate from the standpoint of a repro of a wartime contract and therefore begs the question, why so much? The chumps splashing out this much on this jacket are paying for the label - I'd personally disagree that RM is worthy of the whole luxury clothing label upcharge and also whether the fact that RM stuff of this nature is worth a premium price tag but obviously some dipshit is willing to cough up the cash for it otherwise they wouldn't have listed it for so much.

The icing on the cake? An experienced jacket maker in the business for years like Ken, took one look at the pics and called out the shitty tailoring and build quality. I bet there's all manner of "experts" who'll be talking on various fansites and fora about how it's worth the money because of the incredible quality, etc, etc. Which just goes to show how many ignorant idiots are willing to fork out this kind of price for a jacket which is, let's me honest, not very accurate but worst of all, not even very well made.

ties70

Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Golf region, Multi-Billionaires...

We have lots of these here in Hamburg as well.

There was a shop where they sold some RRL stuff at decent prices....last couple of times I went there, all their stuff was higher priced and sizes were between XXS and L....

Owner told me "Nah, we don't order any larger sizes, as most of our customers come from China and the Emirates....". It's a business decision, but sometimes feels like "reversed discrimination"...

Ties