• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ha ha ....you have to laugh....

John Lever

Can't see how that can be justified as they have no clue about the product...1/4 shearling is only on cuffs and windflap

Last edited:

stanier

I can almost gauruntee they will be sold out very quick. I love their London shop but don’t buy much. Every now and again I get a bargain in there, and that’s when I buy. Everything I’ve had so far has been flawless.

Pilot

I can almost gauruntee they will be sold out very quick. I love their London shop but don’t buy much. Every now and again I get a bargain in there, and that’s when I buy. Everything I’ve had so far has been flawless.
Same in their outlets in Japan...

stanier

I bet that B-3 is stunning “in the flesh”. Not saying the price is right at all (and it’s out of my league) But I bet the cuffs don’t go bald in two weeks of “walking down the pub wear”, and I bet the straps are the right thickness etc. Both were details my ELC B-3 sadly let me down on, so in my mind makes them more expensive ☹️

stanier

Sorry John I also missed a key point in your original post. Just how do Aero’s compare against all the other leading repro companies. More and more I’m feeling Aero are by a country mile the best value repro around and the latest jackets look the mutts nuts but the “jacket elite” seem to not have noticed from my view of the world and I just don’t know why? And that recent Irvin that S4rmark (sorry if I’ve remembered the name wrongly) has got looks fantastic too!

johnwayne

Like Stanier says, their London shop is great - to admire at least but to buy, another league. Yes like the shop the jacket looks superb but the price is OTT to say the least.

Cobblers161

It's crazy money for fashion conscious miltaria.

They make their products to very high standards but they aren't to built to our nit picking standards(I mean that as a positive). I was drunk and happy in Covent Garden last year and bought an N-1 from the RM shop. It looks great, is warmer than any N-1 I've ever had and I've had a lot, has great construction but..... the fit is tailored for fashionistas. I won't sell it as it's toasty but ain't an N-1. I imagine all their products follow a similar vein

£3445 is batshit crazy though. Go see JC for the real deal.

John Lever

My RM NEW ZEALAND
Sorry John I also missed a key point in your original post. Just how do Aero’s compare against all the other leading repro companies. More and more I’m feeling Aero are by a country mile the best value repro around and the latest jackets look the mutts nuts but the “jacket elite” seem to not have noticed from my view of the world and I just don’t know why? And that recent Irvin that S4rmark (sorry if I’ve remembered the name wrongly) has got looks fantastic too!
As good as any. The only thing that made RMNZ the best that will never ever be equalled was the sheespkins from Fenland. Gone forever.

stanier

They make their products to very high standards but they aren't to built to our nit picking standards(I mean that as a positive). I was drunk and happy in Covent Garden last year and bought an N-1 from the RM shop. It looks great, is warmer than any N-1 I've ever had and I've had a lot, has great construction but..... the fit is tailored for fashionistas. I won't sell it as it's toasty but ain't an N-1. I imagine all their products follow a similar vein

I think Real McCoys “stuff” I’ve had since they started the London shop, has been a mug(!), a bandana, a pair of horse hide boots (that cost so much that they’re still new in the box and now cost double nearly what I paid!) and a henley t shirt that i love and I got in a Superdenim sale for £49.99 when it was listed at £90. I’d love a navy c-3 vest and one if their ANJ-3a’s which I looked at closely and is fantastic but I just couldn’t spend £1500 on.

It is dear but it is no compromise “stuff”. I’m not sure it’s fashionista (though some pieces certainly are “amended”), but largely just very niche and has a name and a following.

I wish JC was a credible option, but with a 2 plus year wait it’s just not practical. I’d rather exercise the credit card and get a Real McCoy Japan than wait that long. 2 years is just too long and I wish John would get a team and bring that wait time crashing down.

Dubpynchon

The fit on some of their jackets is crazy, I had a B-3 and an ANJ-4, both RMNZ, and the sleeves were very long, like 27/28 inches for a 46, the torso on the B-3 was very slim as well, like it was designed for a skinny basketball player. It looked amazing though, the trim on the B-3 was the best I've ever seen and the North American sheepskin was very soft. The whole jacket had a shine to it.

MikeyB-17

Stroll on! £840 for a pair of bloody trousers! And we think we spend silly money! No wonder she isn’t interested in joining the rest of the Spice Girls on tour! (Good for her). That ‘parka’ thing is flippin’ ugly.

Members online

Latest posts