• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW USN jacket choices

Lorenzo_l

Hey @Sideslip. If you'd be happy with either a 55J14 or a 7823, I'd recommend biding your time and keeping an eye out for an original. There are specimens out there in very good condition, and nothing beats an original.
I managed to score a 1951 55J14, a 1953 J7823, and a 1965 J7823C, all from members of this forum, all in very good, wearable condition and all much cheaper than equivalent repros.
As Brett mentions, if you are keen on an M-442/M-442A, then JC is the way to go. Just my 2 cents.

Sideslip

Hey @Sideslip. If you'd be happy with either a 55J14 or a 7823, I'd recommend biding your time and keeping an eye out for an original. There are specimens out there in very good condition, and nothing beats an original.
I managed to score a 1951 55J14, a 1953 J7823, and a 1965 J7823C, all from members of this forum, all in very good, wearable condition and all much cheaper than equivalent repros.
As Brett mentions, if you are keen on an M-442/M-442A, then JC is the way to go. Just my 2 cents.
Hi @Lorenzo_l Thanks for the suggestion. This is an interesting route to pursue. I really do love the m422 I currently have, just looking for that slightly better fit and to then have a wearable original would be a good pair. I have a 1971 7823, I think it is an E which is too small for me. I was going to shift it but both my kids asked me to keep it for when they are bigger. It is not as nice as a 7823C or D I managed to handle briefly, but will be a good beater for them.

Hopefully, my turn with JC will come up this year!