• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW Star on ebay

ausreenactor

Ambitious with the decal and holes...

Start bid 'perhaps'...

Micawber

Optimistic with the pricing.

"Like Aero Eastman"

Makes me laugh when people feel they have to add names of other makes as if it adds credence.

Chandler

Every time I get >this< close to getting everything together that I'd like to sell, another thread like this appears.

All of the judgmental and scoffing comments toward another's item really makes me second-guess the true value of my jackets and whether I'll actually get a good price for them.

Maybe I'll just have a garage sale and sell to neighborhood hipsters. :confused:

Last edited:

ausreenactor

Every time I get >this< close to getting everything together that I'd like to sell, another thread like this appears.

All of the judgmental and scoffing comments toward another's item really makes me second-guess the true value of my jackets and whether I'll actually get a good price for them.

Maybe I'll just have a garage sale and sell to neighborhood hipsters. :confused:

Quality jackets will always sell. Getting them out to the widest market is the challenge. EBay does not seem to be moving much. I watch 400 items at any one time. One item might sell every few days.

In my experience decals have always reduced watchers, bids and as a consequence the final price suffers...

If you are happy to take PayPal and overseas offers then you increase the interest....

Mr. Mike

Good points. Is there a 'common' sense within this group whether it is more promising to keep the initial decals and patches in place and hope for a market looking exactly for this combo or would it make more sense to detach the decals and patches and aim for a market that intends to put patches back on anyway? I always found the latter a broader playing field. Maybe the challenge is rather to pinpoint the right matching patch to re-use (or at least cover) the existing holes but looking at e.g. Name Tags my view has always been that a personalized name tag seldom appeals to potential buyers (unless it is meant as precise tribute jacket for an known wartime veteran). Following your thread hear it somewhat appears as if purely stitching in place is cutting the expected price at half ... :eek:

mulceber

Following your thread hear it somewhat appears as if purely stitching in place is cutting the expected price at half ... :eek:

Yep — unless you’re sure you never plan to sell a jacket, I wouldn’t patch it or decal it. It creates exactly the no-win situation that you described: both patches and stitch holes dramatically reduce the selling price.

Last edited:

Pilot

Yep — unless you’re sure you never plan to sell a jacket, I wouldn’t patch it or decal it. It creates exactly the no-win situation that you described: both patches and stitch holes dramatically reduce the selling price.
Thx for mentioning it...IMHO, hit the nail on its head!
1000% concure