GW Rough Wear 23380

ButteMT61

LOVE that jacket! My desire for new leather is beginning to grow whilst quarantined. I in all my years of looking/buying/selling never got an A-2 that I can call mine and keep. Given I'm 59, I need to hurry up - there's only so many Covid-era years I can expect to inhabit this sphere!

If you're a 42, don't let this one get away!!!

Nickb123

LOVE that jacket! My desire for new leather is beginning to grow whilst quarantined. I in all my years of looking/buying/selling never got an A-2 that I can call mine and keep. Given I'm 59, I need to hurry up - there's only so many Covid-era years I can expect to inhabit this sphere!

If you're a 42, don't let this one get away!!!
Your Aero Bronco was happenin'. That was an exciting time!

B-Man2

Ohh Man!!!
that is gorgeous...The last thing I need is another A2, but I would definitely jump on that one if it were a larger size......
I get a tickle in my Willy every time I see one of these new GWs hit the for sale section!!:D

MikeyB-17

That’s horse? Looks like goat. Thankfully I don't have that kind of money, lovely though it is.

mulceber

If I hadn’t recently bought another A-2...that was russet...and a RW 23380...I’d definitely be considering this... o_O

tibor

I‘ve had that Italian horsehide before, a bit lighter than Shinki, but wonderful texture, comfort and leather aroma.

P-47 thunderbolt

I‘ve had that Italian horsehide before, a bit lighter than Shinki, but wonderful texture, comfort and leather aroma.
How does it compare to shinki on regards to ww2 accuracy? From what I see I really like the look of shinki, looks full of character but don't know how it wears in?

tibor

As for WW2 accuracy, I‘ve seen all kinds of leather in original jackets, thick, thin, grainy, smooth, so yes, accurate to some. I would bet the look that most guys hoped they were issued. The leather is a little lighter in weight, and I‘d say more supple as new. Shinki is great but takes longer to break in. I think this Italian hide is very comfortable stuff that still feels sturdy and accurate.

ButteMT61

As for WW2 accuracy, I‘ve seen all kinds of leather in original jackets, thick, thin, grainy, smooth, so yes, accurate to some. I would bet the look that most guys hoped they were issued. The leather is a little lighter in weight, and I‘d say more supple as new. Shinki is great but takes longer to break in. I think this Italian hide is very comfortable stuff that still feels sturdy and accurate.
Even if there was never a jacket that looks like this one above, I'll take it. That's the kind of hide I love the look of, and after all, I'm wearing it and I'm not flying a plane over Germany in 1945. That one is just drool-worthy all day long!

ausreenactor

Even if there was never a jacket that looks like this one above, I'll take it. That's the kind of hide I love the look of, and after all, I'm wearing it and I'm not flying a plane over Germany in 1945. That one is just drool-worthy all day long!
Agree 100%. The hide on my Buzz Rickson 23380 is stunning and the fine details are less critical. Don't get me wrong. The workmanship and 'feel' of the jacket are faultless!

20200227_204607.jpg

20200227_204612.jpg

20200227_204648.jpg

23380 on the right. Brand new Buzz Rickson 18190 on the left. The 'Monarch' in the pre-eminate position, where it should be. Rocking it with a tee and boxers watching The Wind Rises. Feeling the 'Flugën' BIG time today. Need another kit!

Attachments