• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW Rough Wear 18091

ausreenactor

Lots of debate over the details for a 'homage' to a fictional movie character... I am sure JC will get the details right and produce a stunning jacket. The balance of the wear will be the tricky part.

If I was laying out the coin I would tend towards one of the USAAF's stand out pilots. Not one off the silver screen who got shot down and captured. ;)

33-1729

at the time of M-422 flying Tigers . I asked him if he had a RW for me , he replied that he was going to make a RW test jacket ... it is not a personal order .
for the RW 27752 he asked me to patient " a few months " ...

A great looking Good Wear and I must admit being jealous. I’m coming up on the third year waiting for my first Good Wear.

P-47 thunderbolt

Lots of debate over the details for a 'homage' to a fictional movie character... I am sure JC will get the details right and produce a stunning jacket. The balance of the wear will be the tricky part.

If I was laying out the coin I would tend towards one of the USAAF's stand out pilots. Not one off the silver screen who got shot down and captured. ;)

I know what you mean, I'm always torn, but for me the hilts A2 is so iconic, it was what got me hooked on a2s in the first place. But then Chuck yeager's monarch is the real thing..... So I settle for somewhere in between. I like the fit of McQueen's A2 but honest wear. I plan on wearing the hell out of my jackets and then maybe one day give one a redye and then wear the hell out of it again. Also I like the look of the leather name tag but neither want my name or v.hilts written on it.

Heisenberg

A great looking Good Wear and I must admit being jealous. I’m coming up on the third year waiting for my first Good Wear.

John sold me a test jacket , if it was a personal order i would still be waiting ...
he occasionally sells test jackets, the last one he sold was an A-1 two weeks ago on the GW website

33-1729

John sold me a test jacket , if it was a personal order i would still be waiting ...
he occasionally sells test jackets, the last one he sold was an A-1 two weeks ago on the GW website

Thanks for the response. I’m perfectly okay getting in line like everyone else to wait for my custom order. Just see them every now and then and think they look great. As always. There’s a reason the line’s so long. :)

Heisenberg

Thanks for the response. I’m perfectly okay getting in line like everyone else to wait for my custom order. Just see them every now and then and think they look great. As always. There’s a reason the line’s so long. :)

that's the reason why I only buy second-hand jackets in perfect condition and the " test " jacket when I'm lucky to find the right size .

ausreenactor

Had two A-2s with decals, never a name tag. Most never had decals and when you personalise a jacket it's not going to hold value. Have plenty with art by Jerome and Simon Williams I will never sell. But they are
Gents ,
Speaking of GW second-hand jacket : I know from experience that John's sizes are variable , I'm looking for a GW sheepskin jacket size 44/46 ... Contact me . ;)

For shearlings, go for Eastman. Any day of the week.

Heisenberg

Had two A-2s with decals, never a name tag. Most never had decals and when you personalise a jacket it's not going to hold value. Have plenty with art by Jerome and Simon Williams I will never sell. But they are

For shearlings, go for Eastman. Any day of the week.

it's a good suggestion . I miss a British jacket , but I don’t like the ELC RiRi zippers ...and plastic

Heisenberg

I'm looking for an expert who could tell me how to replace the ELC RiRi with DOT or AM ... and I go for the ELC Irvin .

jack31916

I'm looking for an expert who could tell me how to replace the ELC RiRi with DOT or AM ... and I go for the ELC Irvin .
Look for a WW2 (or early postwar) British parachutist oversmock on the internet or somewhere else and make sure the main zip is brown cotton with a DOT of AM marked runner and sliderbox. These zips are practically the same as used in Irvin jackets except they have a quick release at the top. You can remove this zip yourself from the oversmock, get it on the right length and use the zipper stops from the RiRi zip. Bring it to a local sewing or shoe repairshop. Ask for cotton thread and if not available suply it yourself.

I've replaced my RirI Zip myself that way and the ELC Irvin looks the part.

Last edited:

jack31916

I've send you a PM.

Attachments

• 20200502_181614[4948].jpg
    20200502_181614[4948].jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 188

Heisenberg

I have another problem ... my GW J.A Dubow
it is perfect for my shoulders and arms , but at the waist, it doesn't suit me . :(
I can switch to another GW size 46 if someone wants ...or something else

921436A6-AD2D-47CA-9834-718B612EFC23.jpeg